The Student Room Group

"No country in the world can stop or control the spread of globalisation."

I'm stuck, I need points on

AGREE TO THIS VIEW and DISAGREE TO THIS VIEW

thanks x
I have a disagree point: trade blocs like the EU can put larger taxes on outside members. Strangling their ability to trade internationally.
Reply 2
anymoreeeeeeeeeeeeee?
Not so much countries but smaller groups from a country. Businesses can also choose to operate in a country e.g. setting up a factory. They can choose the countries which benefit them the most in terms of profit such as those with little work rights and so cheap labour. Countries largely in Africa however have a lot of issues which drives away these businesses. These businesses choose not to operate in these countries which results in the country not being able to export many manufactured goods resulting in the country being less connected.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Vikingninja
Not so much countries but smaller groups from a country. Businesses can also choose to operate in a country e.g. setting up a factory. They can choose the countries which benefit them the most in terms of profit such as those with little work rights and so cheap labour. Countries largely in Africa however have a lot of issues which drives away these businesses. These businesses choose not to operate in these countries which results in the country not being able to export many manufactured goods resulting in the country being less connected.

thanks man, ur a genius :smile:
It's bs that's what it is. You think we didn't trade internationally during the days of the empire? They make out like we only just discovered other countries.
Reply 6
A country opposing globalisation is asking for its economy to fail, so for that reason and many others, I agree. However, in my view I wish it wasn't that way and I believe it can change but not in this era or any time soon
Reply 7
Original post by DanteTheDoorKnob
It's bs that's what it is. You think we didn't trade internationally during the days of the empire? They make out like we only just discovered other countries.

thts acc a gd point tho

but i cba with all this **** loool, bc hmwrk init
Reply 8
need a disagree point :/
Reply 9
Hi i'm studying globalisation as well, the good thing about globalisation is that it will grow the economy and improve relationship of many countries along with integrating different cultures. the disadvantage of globalisation is the impact it can have on businesses is that they will have to face global competiton and many risks to start businesses overseas. Furthermore it can affect people who are in the lower hierachy where their job means everything and if globalisation affects their job they will not be able to satisify their basic needs such as financial security, where through globalisation they are replaced by better and other 'knowledgable' workers, however in poorer countries this creates job oppurtunties which increases their disposable income, however in terms of globalisation even that raise of salary in poorer coutnries they still live through poverty.

Quick Reply

Latest