The Student Room Group

Managing revision time

I've recently started revising and I've realised that I need to do work at almost impossible speeds and lengths every single day to revise all of the subjects I'm doing thoroughly. For example, I've been writing flash cards for the sciences, I've only done 3 topics so far (there are 144 topics in total) and one topic takes me around 30-50 minutes. Also, I'm only writing what it says I need to know in the specifications. Then I've also got all of my other subjects to revise. How can I stay on top of this revision or is there a more efficient say off revising, are flashcards too much? I want to be able to do at least one unit (8 topics) in a day and still have some free time. How do I do this??
Original post by VincentBounty
I've recently started revising and I've realised that I need to do work at almost impossible speeds and lengths every single day to revise all of the subjects I'm doing thoroughly. For example, I've been writing flash cards for the sciences, I've only done 3 topics so far (there are 144 topics in total) and one topic takes me around 30-50 minutes. Also, I'm only writing what it says I need to know in the specifications. Then I've also got all of my other subjects to revise. How can I stay on top of this revision or is there a more efficient say off revising, are flashcards too much? I want to be able to do at least one unit (8 topics) in a day and still have some free time. How do I do this??

Unfortunately nobody can tell you the best way to revise, everybody has their own opinion and methods. If flashcards have worked for you in the past don't change this. Make sure you are focussing on the exams that come sooner as there is no point putting exams that are 20 days after your first exam before your first one. Also try not to go into every single detail, flash cards are meant to be more of an overview (That's how I used them). You have got time don't worry! Just try not to catch yourself watching youtube all night :tongue: (Personal experience) :smile:
Original post by acontium
Unfortunately nobody can tell you the best way to revise, everybody has their own opinion and methods. If flashcards have worked for you in the past don't change this. Make sure you are focussing on the exams that come sooner as there is no point putting exams that are 20 days after your first exam before your first one. Also try not to go into every single detail, flash cards are meant to be more of an overview (That's how I used them). You have got time don't worry! Just try not to catch yourself watching youtube all night :tongue: (Personal experience) :smile:

Thank you for the advice. I am trying to revise for the exam that are sooner first!
Original post by VincentBounty
Thank you for the advice. I am trying to revise for the exam that are sooner first!

That's good! You just have to keep going it will be so worth it when you are done!! :smile:
Original post by acontium
That's good! You just have to keep going it will be so worth it when you are done!! :smile:

I've only done 3 topics but I just looked at some past exam questions in the Biology and am very confident at quite a few of the questions - this is good news ahah!

Quick Reply

Latest