The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Does anyone have past papers?
Erm.. Im pretty sure we do need the eye!

SRSRMER - stimulus, receptor, sensory neur, relay, motor neur, effectors, response.. that right?
Reply 22
I do it:
Stimulus
Receptor
Sensory neurone
Co-ordinator (Spinal cord, brain etc)
Motor Neurone
Effector
Response
Reply 23
jazzzy
yeh the topics are:
Variation/inheritance/evolution
The working plant
and Health in the Balance.

3 topics.
(my trusty Lonsdale Ocr revision book told me :smile:)
and then theres some stuff from last year like the circulatory system, hormones, the blood + the blood vessels. the nervous system, sampling, biomass, food chains, parasites.

seriously i do not know where i would be without my revision guide!!

Are you sure those are the topics which will come up?
Reply 24
hmm i've got about 5 past papers to do tonight, so i can't do any more practice than that tbh

you know coursework = 20% and exam in year 10 = 20%
we already done 45% of course i'm on A so far but i want to get A* overall :frown:

i can 100% say we DO NOT NEED THE EYE!
Reply 25
Anyway guys Im off to revise :smile:
Gooooooooooooood luck for tomorrow
:hugs:
Reply 26
Salinger
hmm i've got about 5 past papers to do tonight, so i can't do any more practice than that tbh

you know coursework = 20% and exam in year 10 = 20%
we already done 45% of course i'm on A so far but i want to get A* overall :frown:

i can 100% say we DO NOT NEED THE EYE!

How 100%?! What else don't we need! Tell us oh great one...
Reply 27
Tehgiggles.
Do we need to know stuff like stimulus and response?
Do we need to know the eye inside out?
I hate science.

I'm afraid we do need to know the eye even though some of you disagree with this.

Steve :wink:
Seeeeeeee told you.
Reply 29
I don't get how people know (or think they know lol) what's in the exam?
Reply 30
Me neither.
just re-cap everything in your book. Maybe it's different for double award? I dunno...Can someone please tell me what's the point in doubling our science gcse? Is double award science just more stuff in the exam---like the eye and whatever, whereas usual ocr science is just one mark overall????
Reply 32
HUH????? Im doing ocr double award, however normally the exams have mixed questions, like in the mocks there wasnt a seperate biology, chemistry or physics, it was all together in all the papers???

or arent u guys doing salters?
RdotR
Any of you doing OCR staged assessment?
(Did an exam in year 10 worth 25%)

Yep. :smile:
I reeeeeally need to do well in this tomorrow as my coursework was a bit crappy. Plus I can't do Chem or Physics to save my life, so this is my only chance!! *Worries a tad!!!*

Never mind. Any last minute tips from anyone?

Good Luck all. And Happy Birthday [for tomorrow] to the OP :biggrin:

Becca <3.
Reply 34
does anyone know the overall grade boundaries. coursework + yr 10 exams+ yr11 exams
Reply 35
Tehgiggles.
Erm.. Im pretty sure we do need the eye!

SRSRMER - stimulus, receptor, sensory neur, relay, motor neur, effectors, response.. that right?

no we definately do not.
Reply 36
does anyone know da overrall percentage needed to get a c in foundation
Reply 37
tomohara
I don't get how people know (or think they know lol) what's in the exam?

lonsdale essentials of OCR revision guide.
its got everything we need to know and nothing more.
THE EYE IS NOT NEEDED!!
Reply 38
kinza75
How 100%?! What else don't we need! Tell us oh great one...

the eye is definitely NOT on the paper to people who are saying it is.

how i know? well i've got 2 science revision guides..

Lonsdale science revision guide: OCR Science Double Award B Staged Assessment Phase 1 Modules

This book has all of the year 10 work in it and any of that could have came up in the year 10 exam that we had, also any pages on this book that were printed in blue could come up again in the year 11 exam, for example receptors can come up again as printed on a blue page where as the eye is printed on a white page so it will 100% not come up.

and i have

Lonsdale science revision guide: OCR Science Double Award B Staged Assessment Phase 2 Modules

Any of this book can come up in the year 11 exam

These books work a wonder because they are made in line with the OCR Specs and i just need to learn all of the phase 2 book and the blue pages from phase 1 book off by heart, which i more or less have done now so i should get the grades i want :smile:
jazzzy
no we definately do not.

We do need to know the eye, sorry :frown:

Latest