Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Can not sitting an exam make a university change their offer

Announcements Posted on
Last day to win £100 of Amazon vouchers - don't miss out! Take our quick survey to enter 24-10-2016

I am currently in 6th year of high school in Scotland and have attained 5 highers in my 5th year which has got me an unconditional offer at every university which I've applied for (not trying to boast, I'm just trying to give everyone a better picture of the situation I'm in). In my UCAS application it has said that I am sitting 3 subjects in my 6th year, 1 higher and 2 advanced highers, however due to unforeseen circumstances I have had to drop down to just one advanced higher in the last week (I have finished the course for the 2 subjects I have dropped, my school advised me not to sit them as they were concerned if having a high workload at this time would effect me negatively). My first choice university would be Edinburgh, I have attempted to make contact with them but I'm still waiting for their reply.

Will this cause the universities to withdraw/change their offer? This has made me so anxious as I feel like I have completely ruined my future. I don't feel like my school would make any comment to the universities regarding this issue but I will obviously see if they can. Please reply if you are familiar with the Scottish grading system as I believe it is slightly different with A-levels.

Only the unis can answer that question because in some cases they will want that particular qualification or for you to meet some minimum requirements and in some cases they may not be too bothered if they really want you.
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 19, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Would you rather find
Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Life Sciences Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.