The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Question ~ would we ever be asked to construct a Born Haber cycle? For some reason I can never remember all the steps :frown:
Reply 81
i think they have before..or well atleast the teachers made us practice them..
Reply 82
yuck :frown: back to learning them I go lol
tuna1
Dreading 5! Got a question about grades,

say i got 4 A's in previous modules where the marks are exactly on the A, for these 2 papers would i require the equivalent of exactly an A to get an A overall?

yes, either two exact As on both papers, or both papers adding up to give an exact A out of their total. So if you got a mid A and and mid B you could still get an A overall.
Reply 84
I was getting very worried about module 5, when I couldn't do half of the stuff - I just did a past paper and got 57/120.

But I've just looked it up, and my pitiful score would get me enough to get a high D, and a B overall. With 2 days to go, there may be hope for me yet :biggrin:
Reply 85
Which paper was that?
I need a D in 5 and 6 too and sometimes the papers don't start getting scaled up until the higher grades, if you see what I mean. Which makes me worried :tongue:
I'm tying a noose as I speak :frown: Chemistry is by far my fav subject but the exams are a killer. I need 52% in each for a B and 71% for an A which is what I want. I've only got 2 days to revise as well
Reply 87
I REALLY HOPE they don't ask a question like "you have to plan an experiment to determine the number of moles of..." THOSE ARE THE WORST QUESTIONS ever. God I hate them so much.
Reply 88
born haber cycles will definately turn up I believe, they seem to turn up on every other paper, what organic struff do you think will turn up?

I seem to be getting 25 / 40 in synoptic which is a C, what are you managing?
****ing hell, I have barely touched synoptic. Keeping 5 as my priority since my coursework mark was good. In my mock I got a mid C in module 5 and 6
Reply 90
sunday
Which paper was that?
I need a D in 5 and 6 too and sometimes the papers don't start getting scaled up until the higher grades, if you see what I mean. Which makes me worried :tongue:

Jan 03 I think.

The exam doesn't seem quite so bad now - even the massive mark questions aren't terrible, if you don't have a clue you can still generally pick up a few marks. I almost got an A on the June 03 paper, which had what must be the lowest A grade boundary in the history of AQA Chemistry, 75/120 :eek:

I'm hoping for a score of around 70ish/120, which generally gives between 80-85 UMS. That would leave me needed about 30-40/90 in module 6 for the B I want :biggrin:
Reply 91
which exam does coursework go into, I have 24 in coursework and I need 170 to get an A (without coursework added). Can I just subtract 24 from 170 or is there some multiplier involved?
Got 94/120 in my first practice paper, its alright, but im aiming for 115+ UMS. So hopefully its manageable but ill need to work! :smile:
Reply 93
Sycren
born haber cycles will definitely turn up I believe, they seem to turn up on every other paper, what organic struff do you think will turn up?

I seem to be getting 25 / 40 in synoptic which is a C, what are you managing?

So far I've done 3 mod 6 papers. had 24, 25, 27 so I reckon if I get 27 on monday that'll be fine!
Reply 94
Jsuper
Jan 03 I think.

The exam doesn't seem quite so bad now - even the massive mark questions aren't terrible, if you don't have a clue you can still generally pick up a few marks. I almost got an A on the June 03 paper, which had what must be the lowest A grade boundary in the history of AQA Chemistry, 75/120 :eek:

I'm hoping for a score of around 70ish/120, which generally gives between 80-85 UMS. That would leave me needed about 30-40/90 in module 6 for the B I want :biggrin:

what are the grade boundaries for 5 and 6, i need a b in both.:redface:
Reply 95
calculations; ph with ka, pka, and so on...
Mass by percentage calculations, organic titles for reactions, eg) acylation ..
chemical tests, transition metal complexes and the like, reactions between acids and bases, ..will think of more... thats the morning revision list.
Reply 96
halide reactions and halogens come up quite a bit too
Reply 97
mrsmann
I REALLY HOPE they don't ask a question like "you have to plan an experiment to determine the number of moles of..." THOSE ARE THE WORST QUESTIONS ever. God I hate them so much.

They are the WORST questions!
Reply 98
http://www.aqa.org.uk/qual/gceasa/qp-ms/AQA-CHM5-W-MS-JAN03.PDF

2) b) iii)
it says that PCl5 is ionic, but all the books i checkd they sed it was covalent?
Reply 99
anyone noticed, they are more ques on other units than the stuff in the unit 5 spec.

Latest