The Student Room Group

Aerospace BTEC vs A levels

I have the option to either do a Level 3 Aerospace BTEC or A levels.
How would my career progression be changed by either option
I don't massively want to attend university, and rather get to work and progress through a companies ranks.
In addition, I am not even 90% certain I want a career in aerospace engineering as I haven't don't a taster or work experience.

Any information you think is relevant - thank you
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Puddles the Monkey so she can move the thread if needed :h:

Spoiler

Original post by Macauley Ware
I have the option to either do a Level 3 Aerospace BTEC or A levels.
How would my career progression be changed by either option
I don't massively want to attend university, and rather get to work and progress through a companies ranks.
In addition, I am not even 90% certain I want a career in aerospace engineering as I haven't don't a taster or work experience.

Any information you think is relevant - thank you

I am currently doing a BTEC 90 Credit Diploma in engineering along side with maths and physics in a level.

To answer your question, A levels lacks the experiences to apply the knowledge into the real world which BTEC does better in (I'm speaking into a engineering context). However BTEC is too specific in term careers like the BTEC aerospace focus on working as an aerospace engineer.

An advice from me is to do both BTEC and A levels but when choosing the BTEC , pick something broad like engineering or science rather than a specific career. Also when chossing an A level pick something that widely useful (like maths :gah: if i was guessing that you are a engineer type person )or helps along side with your BTEC.

I hope this info helps you make the right choice.

Quick Reply

Latest