The Student Room Group

G492 9th June 2016 Discussion - (inc. pre-release)

Scroll to see replies

RIP. Didn't have time to do half of section C.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 41
Anyone willing to do an unofficial markscheme?
How did you do that vectors question?
Reply 43
Couldn't do the vectors one but just resolved horizontally and vertically in hope for 1 mark
Original post by AlexM10
Couldn't do the vectors one but just resolved horizontally and vertically in hope for 1 mark

What was the vectors question?
Reply 45
Original post by Btec certified
What was the vectors question?

6.5ms^-1. that one.
Original post by gambyte
6.5ms^-1. that one.

What. I got like 8ms I think.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 47
Original post by WuMyster
What. I got like 8ms I think.

Posted from TSR Mobile

For the 3 marker at the bottom of the page?
Reply 48
You had to show the change in magnitude of velocity was over 6ms-1
Can anyone attempt an unofficial mark scheme?
Did anybody else think that Centre of Mass question was absurd? It was so... qualitative. I have perspective on what moving the centre of mass down by... what, a quarter of a metre? Does to the initial mass. I just guessed it went from 90kg to 80kg. Probably way too much. I haven't a clue.
Reply 51
Harder than last year do we think??
Original post by gambyte
For the 3 marker at the bottom of the page?

The one where it was show the resultant vector is greater than 6ms. I had a long number, 8.xxxxxxx

I think I got 8 something. I definitely didn't get 6.something.

**** I messed this paper up.
Original post by Polyrogue
Did anybody else think that Centre of Mass question was absurd? It was so... qualitative. I have perspective on what moving the centre of mass down by... what, a quarter of a metre? Does to the initial mass. I just guessed it went from 90kg to 80kg. Probably way too much. I haven't a clue.

Yeah, I assumed distance of the modern one was the 1.5m + an extra 0.2m to ensure he made it over the bar then I said the old method would be the same as the new but + about 0.1m for the difference in height of centre of mass, it was such a stupid question, not sure if that is correct.
Reply 54
The one where it was show the resultant vector is greater than 6ms. I had a long number, 8.xxxxxxx

What was your method?
Reply 55
Original post by Polyrogue

The mass wont change only the height does i think mine was about 150j
Reply 56
Was that when you had to estimate the jumpers mass
Original post by gambyte
What was your method?

Trigonometry.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got something like 8.3 aswell, I formed a right angle triangle by putting the vectors tip to tail and then used Pythagoras to find the resultant vector.

I don't know if it was correct but I just wanted to get some working out done on the paper in hope of getting some method marks.
Reply 59
Does anyone know where we might find some sort of unofficial markscheme for this? Also any ideas roughly what mark we'll need to get an A in this paper?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending