Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Sometimes is it best to leave the people you have been friends with for a long time?

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016

My group of friends I am with at the moment I have been best friends with all the way through school for about 10 years. They are starting to go out clubbing and what not, but I really don't enjoy that kind of thing and I am the only one in the whole group that feels this way and every time I suggest we do something none of them want to do it any more. Would it be best to leave now and find people who I actually enjoy doing things with, even though we have been best friends for a long time?

I wouldn't just leave them, you can still be friends even if you don't have all the exact same interests. But, at the same time, you should still look for people who you can do things you enjoy with...

So, can you not still be friends with these people and still find new friends as well?

Just because they want to go clubbing and you don't, doesn't mean you should end the friendship... But I'd definitely find some other people who enjoy other stuff. You'll probably find it's just a phase and eventually they get bored of clubbing if they've just reached 18 though
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 19, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.