The Student Room Group

UCAS Points appearing lowered on course?

Hello,

So I applied for the Digital Media & Communications course at Manchester Metropolitan University. Today I obtained an email with regards to an unconditional offer having being offered to me in exchange for what once was conditional. The entry requirements when I applied were 280, and looking on UCAS Track are still reading 280. However, upon going on the MMU website and looking at my specific course it says the entry requirements are 104-112 UCAS points, this has massively worried me as why would the entry requirements for the course be so drastically lowered? And why have they offered me an unconditional when it has been conditional for so long, is it due to hardly anyone applying for the course?

Any help is greatly appreciated as it was going to be a firm choice and has worried me hugely. Thanks
Original post by Sam____Wilson
Hello,

So I applied for the Digital Media & Communications course at Manchester Metropolitan University. Today I obtained an email with regards to an unconditional offer having being offered to me in exchange for what once was conditional. The entry requirements when I applied were 280, and looking on UCAS Track are still reading 280. However, upon going on the MMU website and looking at my specific course it says the entry requirements are 104-112 UCAS points, this has massively worried me as why would the entry requirements for the course be so drastically lowered? And why have they offered me an unconditional when it has been conditional for so long, is it due to hardly anyone applying for the course?

Any help is greatly appreciated as it was going to be a firm choice and has worried me hugely. Thanks

The ucas points on their website will be for 2017 entry, the points system is changing for that year. If you dont already have the grades then the unconditional offer is like to be a marketing thing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending