The Student Room Group

Unit 5 Physics Edexcel A2 and Edexcel IAL

All discussion and revision here.
Best site for resources is probably
www.physicsandmathstutor.com
For Edexcel A2 UK students and IAL students.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Tagging people who are sitting this. How far are all of you with revision?
Original post by Ayman!

Just need to go through all of Astrophysics/cosmology stuff. Everything else is good tbh just finished Nuclear Decay today. Going well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ayman!

I finished recapping all the theory back in January.
I finished all regular Edexcel past papers for this unit 5 (June 2010-June 2015)
last week. I've only got 1 regular Edexcel past paper left to do for unit 5 then I've finished every possible paper. I've done every IAL past paper for unit 5 aswell except for Jan 2016 as I'm leaving that for as a mock paper early June.

My issue is i've got nothing left to do for unit 5 besides perhaps maybe weekly
doing redoing a paper I've already done to make sure I don't forget anything. :lol:
I'm sitting the regular Edexcel Physics unit 5 btw.

Maths is a lot more of a hassle :work: lots more modules. :frown:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by physicsmaths
Just need to go through all of Astrophysics/cosmology stuff. Everything else is good tbh just finished Nuclear Decay today. Going well.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haven't spoke to you for a while... how's everything going? :smile:
How's your STEP revision going? :tongue:
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
Haven't spoke to you for a while... how's everything going? :smile:
How's your STEP revision going? :tongue:

Decent I guess.
Really behind on Further additional maths. On time with physics and step is just not too bad since i prepared alot of it last year so i just do interesting problems every other day to keep up to speed tbh.
Just here for y'know... stalking purposes :ninja:
All discussion and revision here.

Thanks for making this thread OP! I've added it to the 2016 A Level Exam Directory Thread, which you can find here. Use that thread to find discussions for other exams you're doing, and let me know if you find any other threads that I should stick in there. Good luck with your exams! :parrot::parrot:
Original post by Fox Corner
Thanks for making this thread OP! I've added it to the 2016 A Level Exam Directory Thread, which you can find here. Use that thread to find discussions for other exams you're doing, and let me know if you find any other threads that I should stick in there. Good luck with your exams! :parrot::parrot:

Thank you there is a Unt 4 one aswell.
Reply 9

Posted from TSR Mobile

You should be fine, astronomy is probably the most challenging one imo but not too bad if you get your head around it. Do you own the book by Hodder education? It's not bad.

I finished recapping all the theory back in January.
I finished all regular Edexcel past papers for this unit 5 (June 2010-June 2015)
last week. I've only got 1 regular Edexcel past paper left to do for unit 5 then I've finished every possible paper. I've done every IAL past paper for unit 5 aswell except for Jan 2016 as I'm leaving that for as a mock paper early June.

My issue is i've got nothing left to do for unit 5 besides perhaps maybe weekly
doing redoing a paper I've already done to make sure I don't forget anything. :lol:
I'm sitting the regular Edexcel Physics unit 5 btw.

Maths is a lot more of a hassle :work: lots more modules. :frown:

WOW dude.. You're super well prepared. I've done like 2 papers so far I think. :lol:

Original post by Student403
Thanks dude

We haven't finished space so I haven't done any papers. Focusing on Unit 6 rn.. Wbu?

I've not done much for unit 5 because the exam is a long time away. I'll be doing some revision this weekend because we have a mock next week. Unit 4 is my weaker unit (just because of electromagnetism lol) so I'm looking to perfect it before U5. U6 should be fine! Need to start papers soon. :eek: I think I've done a handful and they were quite nice tbh, although I can't get complacent.
Original post by Ayman!
You should be fine, astronomy is probably the most challenging one imo but not too bad if you get your head around it. Do you own the book by Hodder education? It's not bad.

WOW dude.. You're super well prepared. I've done like 2 papers so far I think. :lol:

I've not done much for unit 5 because the exam is a long time away. I'll be doing some revision this weekend because we have a mock next week. Unit 4 is my weaker unit (just because of electromagnetism lol) so I'm looking to perfect it before U5. U6 should be fine! Need to start papers soon. :eek: I think I've done a handful and they were quite nice tbh, although I can't get complacent.

Yes I have that one and another revision guide by edexcel(purple one) for shap and concept led stuff which is really good!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ayman!

Thanks, yeah well I have everything to lose as to get into my firm I ideally need A*A*-A*A in Maths/Physics because I have a B in History. :rant: @History #NeverAgain

Ah, its okay. You still have 8-9 weeks before the exam ish, which is plenty of time. Unit 5 is easier than unit 4 and I agree the monster of unit 4 is electromagnetism but it isn't too hard once you've done a large number of past papers as the core principles are the same. What's :hide: is looking at 1st year electromagnetism content as a future Physics student. I'm sure there will be some elements of electromagnetism in your course at uni, if not then definitely in the later years. :lol:

Unit 6 I got 54/60 just keep bugging your teachers to review your work and bring several drafts and go over it countless number of times. What is your experiment on? *flashback* .... How would unit 6 work since your a IAL student? :erm:

Tbh only time to get complacent is when you score full raw marks & even then you should compare any alternative marks awarded on MS.
Yes I have that one and another revision guide by edexcel(purple one) for shap and concept led stuff which is really good!

Posted from TSR Mobile

You mean these 2 that I have? :laugh:

You mean these 2 that I have? :laugh:

I have the one on the left and the Hodder Physics ones yes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Reading this thread has depressed me, all I've done is looked through a few youtube videos about random physics stuff... fml
Original post by Zacken
Reading this thread has depressed me, all I've done is looked through a few youtube videos about random physics stuff... fml

What UMS did u get for Physics AS. It was really high iirc and you need an A right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
What UMS did u get for Physics AS. It was really high iirc and you need an A right?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got something like 120, 113 and 56(?)/60, think that means I need 191/300 to get an A, still, that's looking quite high atm :lol:
Original post by Zacken
I got something like 120, 113 and 56(?)/60, think that means I need 191/300 to get an A, still, that's looking quite high atm :lol:

Yes I think. Lol you need a C.
Physicsmaths plan for Zacken
Unit 4 is easy just maths and some other ********.
SHM is piss so is thermal energy.
**** unit 6.
Nuclear decay just say not accurate and random ****.
Astrophysics just say hydrogen helium reacts fuel depletion bang stars and holes.
Easy peasy lemon squeezy QED

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Yes I think. Lol you need a C.
Physicsmaths plan for Zacken
Unit 4 is easy just maths and some other ********.
SHM is piss so is thermal energy.
**** unit 6.
Nuclear decay just say not accurate and random ****.
Astrophysics just say hydrogen helium reacts fuel depletion bang stars and holes.
Easy peasy lemon squeezy QED

Posted from TSR Mobile

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: What's your plan for yourself? xD
Original post by Zacken
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: What's your plan for yourself? xD

Demolish step I and hope for the best init. Or travel to the IMO and compete illegally in the IMO as my own country.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending