The Student Room Group

Should I tell her or keep it a secret forever?

I've been friends with a girl for a couple of months now. Let's put it this way, I grew close to her and I started liking her. But I never really had the courage to tell her up front. Now, it's too late, I'm only just her friend because I'd help her a lot with her relationship issues and generally me being too available. She's the kind of girl that waits for the guy to make the first move as well, so she could have liked me but I'd never have known.

We're going to graduate in a few months and our friendship is stronger than ever. She'll move away as she has a job out of the city and I'm going on holiday the week later, which means we may never see each other again.

I say to myself well if there ever was a time to tell her would be that week after graduation before I go on holiday. But is there really a point in telling her? If she did like me this whole time, it'll just make us both really upset that it had to come to this... Me leaving into the sunset having confessed my feelings.

So what should I do? to do it or not to do it?
Well would you rather not tell her and pretty much live the rest of your life not knowing and thinking "what if", or would you prefer to know what she actually thinks so that you can live through knowing what she thought.

If you have feelings for her and feel that she may like you back, why should you hold back? Even if you found that she didn't have any feelings for you, it's better than contemplating.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending