The Student Room Group

WJEC Law

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Stressed Chick
Lol I hope it's united we prevail! :smile:

And you're very welcome :smile:

Nah, wasn't up then, I was fast asleep by 3... Oh dear, the Dreaded Day has really come :frown:

woke up at 6 but have been staring at my notes for ages just panicking away, not taking anything in. Does anyone else have that' my breakfast is gonna come up' feeling?

OK well i probably won't check this forum till after the exam... less than 2 hours to go (is anyone else REALLY paranoid, like me, i leave my house like an hour early before an exam, though college's not that far away.... ). Can you believe, in a couple of hours it'll all be over? Gonna go and do some last-minute cramming; so take care everyone... breathe deeply, pray hard and hopefully, we'll all do our best... For the last time, good luck.

haha ypu came on the same time as me..

Awesome :p:
Reply 81
OK, well...

That exam couldn't have gone worse for me

Everything I do know didn't come up and everything I don't know did come up.

Absolute worst case scenario.

Beh... it happens
Saki
OK, well...

That exam couldn't have gone worse for me

Everything I do know didn't come up and everything I don't know did come up.

Absolute worst case scenario.

Beh... it happens

Aw, I'm sorry :frown:... Bail came up, thought you revised that? Also advantages and disadvantages of precedent came up, which is better than supreme court questions? Well... worst comes to worse, i suppose there's resits. It's a bit hard to comfort you over a screen, you see what you need is someone to buy you loads of chocolate and a dance film :smile:... You can buy the boxloads of chocolate in my name.

I didn't do so well on the application q... cudnt believe it was precedent after so many years of stat. interpretation, ah well, Dredz am guessing you were glad it wasn't EU law. I liked the precedent question, and the CPS one... other than that... Well let's just say I'm working through a box of Heroes, a Twix bar and a packet of Maryland double chocolate chip cookies .. yes I WILL feet fat afterwards but chocolate is my answer to everything :smile:

Hope it went well for everyone else...
Reply 83
It went waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than expected for me. Cudnt do the first paper properly coz I didnt revise legal aid at all. And the CPS, I read it thru quickly last night, but I think enough to get me a bit marks for the first paper.
When I opened the 2nd one and saw the common law question, i had a grin on my face that big -->:biggrin:
The other question I did was the jury one, quite easy I think.
And well the last paper, shud get alot of marks on that as I revised precedent properly

Anyway, my last exam was today, relieved alot of stress with a nice and well deserved zoot, and gonne chill till next year

Sorry for the ppl that did bad :frown:
Reply 84
Yea i managed ok with Bail and Juries

That was about it :s-smilie:

BLoomin' LW3 was so awkward. I know judicial precedent but it was just awkward!

Beh

Well done to everyone anyway :tsr2:
Reply 85
that legal aid and cps paper knocked me out. ahhh. other then that it went pretty well. i had a huge grin when i saw it was precedent ahh lol. and the other paper i had done practice qus on yesterday so i had memorised those questions inside out.

hope it went well for the rest of u!
Congratulations everyone!!!! We got through it, it was touch and go for a bit there. I have to say I have NEVER been so nervous for an exam in my entire life. Seriously. But it was okay! I must say I did breathe a sigh of relief when I saw the equity and common law questions and also the statutory interpretation. Also when I saw Precedent on LW3 I thought "there is a god!!" haha. Well done everybody you all deserve a HUGE tub of ice cream or something and a good film now. :biggrin: You all will have done okay, don't worry.
Reply 87
I thought that went pretty well. LW1 was clearly the worst, although mostly for the fact that I didn't revise legal aid much (may have lost a lot of marks there)! For the choice questions in LW2, I went for question 3 and question 6 (Juries and how judges interpret statutes) and finally LW3 which was by far the easiest of the papers, questions on precedent are by far the best things to talk about. Didn't remember to many cases, but when I was discussing the Practice Statement, I mentioned the B R Board v Herrington case being the first major use of avoiding precedent, which I hope will have impressed the examiner for extra marks.

Does anyone know if an 'A' is a possible grade without referencing to many cases?

I've been doing Law via video conference lessons (the tutor is called Angela Smith, ring a bell with anyone?) and wasn't sure if I would be prepared for them because of it, but I came out feeling like I hadn't done too bad at all.

Roll on August 16th for results day!
I did the CPS question on LW1, and Qs 3 and 5 on LW2 (jury and human rights/statutory interpretation).

Think I messed LW2 up, but LW1 and LW3 were fine. Looking forward to next year, our teacher does Criminal Law, right up my street
I did CPS in paper 1, loved it, its my fave topic :smile:

Did juries and common law and equity in paper 2

and obviously, precedent in 3- not sure about getting an A without reference to cases, as your A03 will be for application of the law,and it really does depend on how good the rest of your answer was, from what you've said, you seem to have tackled it well.

I've eaten 2 boxes of chocolates and a dairy milk bar, i've watched Dirty Dancing 2:h:avana Nights, and Devil Wears Prada, all to celebrate the end of exams and to console myself over this paper. Got a lot more chocolate and films to get through...
Reply 90
So what did every1 get? Its been a long time since ive been here. I got a B today and couldnt believe it. If you ever read this Stresses Chick, thanks alot :smile:
Reply 91
So what did every1 get? Its been a long time since ive been here. I got a B today and couldnt believe it. If you ever read this Stresses Chick, thanks alot :smile:
I ended up with a C....but wait for it...I was ONE mark off a B. Grrrr. :frown: Oh well I'll just have to resit. Congrats to everyone who got their results! :smile:
Hey guys,

I got a 'C' overall and this was after missing a 30 marks question on one paper!!:eek: lol so yes i was quite pleased i passed it, i thouught i would end up with an 'E'. But i've actually decided to drop History and carry on with Law to A2 finding out second year will be Crimnal Law :cool: But also im going to re'take one paper for Law because i know i can improve my grade to a 'B' :smile: Anyone know which book will be required to stduy A2 law for the WJEC exam board ?
Hey Dredz you're welcome, I was glad to help, and besides, I didn't sit that paper for you, did I!? Give yourself credit, and go celebrate!

Congratulations to lemoncake sucks and cinderella girl as well :biggrin:.

I got an 'A', I couldn't believe it, I brought myself a huge box of Roses to celebrate :biggrin:. I'm now watching happy movies, because the relief is so great. Thanks everyone, you all helped.... Thankfully, the stress is over... till next time! Good luck everyone with Criminal Law next year, i can't wait to start it either!

I'm proud of all of you... Well done x
AS Law is the only subject I'm really proud of - I got a B :biggrin: Never expected to get a good grade as high as this (in my standards) so really really chuffed!! :biggrin: Only revised like 2 weeks before the exam lol and the paper with legal aid and CPS, I thought I like totally stuffed up cos I didn't revise those areas! :redface: Hopefully my college will let me onto A2 since they have a policy that you have to get grades D or above. Will have to see. If they agree, then I'll be studying contract law in September.
Well done Katherine L :smile:. Nice one! Good luck with studying contract law in September.
Reply 97
Original post by Caprylate
I thought that went pretty well. LW1 was clearly the worst, although mostly for the fact that I didn't revise legal aid much (may have lost a lot of marks there)! For the choice questions in LW2, I went for question 3 and question 6 (Juries and how judges interpret statutes) and finally LW3 which was by far the easiest of the papers, questions on precedent are by far the best things to talk about. Didn't remember to many cases, but when I was discussing the Practice Statement, I mentioned the B R Board v Herrington case being the first major use of avoiding precedent, which I hope will have impressed the examiner for extra marks.

Does anyone know if an 'A' is a possible grade without referencing to many cases?

I've been doing Law via video conference lessons (the tutor is called Angela Smith, ring a bell with anyone?) and wasn't sure if I would be prepared for them because of it, but I came out feeling like I hadn't done too bad at all.

Roll on August 16th for results day!

I have her now she is an amazing teacher and in my AS i got an A because of her, A2 im not so confident, but roll on the revision

Quick Reply

Latest