The Student Room Group

Mature student, Air Transport with CPT

Hi guys, I'm looking for guidance and experience from anyone on the BSc air transport with CPT at Bucks New Uni.

I'm looking to start the course next September, AY17/18, and I'm wondering how mature students, and "normal" students find it?

I will be a service leaver (Army) when I attend, so student life will be a massive shock to the system! How are people finding the degree? Is there scope for a part time job to help with funding and living? Any helpful tips for living as a student on this course and for the course itself?

Ive been in touch with the uni and looked online for answers, but you cant beat hearing it from the guys and gals experiencing it first hand!

Cheers,
Phil
Reply 1
Original post by Phildigs89
Hi guys, I'm looking for guidance and experience from anyone on the BSc air transport with CPT at Bucks New Uni.

I'm looking to start the course next September, AY17/18, and I'm wondering how mature students, and "normal" students find it?

I will be a service leaver (Army) when I attend, so student life will be a massive shock to the system! How are people finding the degree? Is there scope for a part time job to help with funding and living? Any helpful tips for living as a student on this course and for the course itself?

Ive been in touch with the uni and looked online for answers, but you cant beat hearing it from the guys and gals experiencing it first hand!

Cheers,
Phil

Hi Phil,
Are you still signed up for Sept 17 start ?
I'm on a different course, but likewise a mature student and wondering what's best accommodation wise.
Have you had comms with any other mature students?
Reply 2
Hi Merlion,

No I haven't had any comms with any other mature students, but I kind of gave up looking on here anyway!

Accommodation wise I've been looking at private house shares/studio flats, I want a bit of freedom after leaving my current job so don't want to be shoved back into similar types of living space in halls or anything provided specifically for students. Have you managed to sort anything or are you still looking? What course are you on?

Phil
Reply 3
Original post by Phildigs89
Hi Merlion,

No I haven't had any comms with any other mature students, but I kind of gave up looking on here anyway!

Accommodation wise I've been looking at private house shares/studio flats, I want a bit of freedom after leaving my current job so don't want to be shoved back into similar types of living space in halls or anything provided specifically for students. Have you managed to sort anything or are you still looking? What course are you on?

Phil

Hey Phil,
no, I'm still looking and likewise don't think halls is going to be suitable for someone of my vintage :smile:. I can also understand your preference if you're ex-mob...
I'm embarking on a Psychology adventure (don't laugh!).
Which campus is Air Transport at?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending