The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Bartlett / UCL Architecture 2016 applicants and offers M.arch

Hi,

Just wanted to know if some of you got the interview at the Bartlett?
Did anyone already received an offer ? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by armoulinex
Hi,

Hi there - you're unlikely to get many responses here in the A levels forum.

I've asked for this to be moved to the University College, London forum (home of all things and all applicants UCL - have a nose around to find other applicants) - but it's worth checking through and posting in the stickied applicant thread in the Architecture and the Built Environment forum too. There's a lot of UCL applicants in there this year and they're a very friendly bunch :smile:
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
Hi there - you're unlikely to get many responses here in the A levels forum.

I've asked for this to be moved to the University College, London forum (home of all things and all applicants UCL - have a nose around to find other applicants) - but it's worth checking through and posting in the stickied applicant thread in the Architecture and the Built Environment forum too. There's a lot of UCL applicants in there this year and they're a very friendly bunch :smile:

Oh thanks ! I didn't get I posted it in the wrong section !! Thanks !
Hi,

Hiya, have you had any response from The Bartlett following your interview yet? :smile:
I'll be starting in September :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Charlaimee
Hiya, have you had any response from The Bartlett following your interview yet? :smile:

Hi !
No, not yet... I had the interview last Tuesday ! A friend told be it takes them ca 3 weeks...
What are people doing for accommodation?
Hi I had my interview 3 weeks ago and still waiting on the result
Original post by Architecture024
Hi I had my interview 3 weeks ago and still waiting on the result

Me too, three weeks yesterday. I spoke to admissions as I was worried about missing deadlines for funding and they've said its possible that the admissions tutor is holding off responses until they've had most of the interviews and it could be June before we hear!

Good luck, I hope we all get in it would be nice to meet everyone in September ! :h:
Reply 9
Me too, three weeks yesterday. I spoke to admissions as I was worried about missing deadlines for funding and they've said its possible that the admissions tutor is holding off responses until they've had most of the interviews and it could be June before we hear!

Good luck, I hope we all get in it would be nice to meet everyone in September ! :h:

WOW June ! :frown:
Yeah I know 2 people that got in last year and didn't hear until July!- Its just annoying as you're pressured to accept/ reject others offers and if I'm moving to Edinburgh I would want to get things sorted e.g accommodation before July obviously. But I guess there's nothing to do but wait
WOW June ! :frown:

I know :sadnod:, she just said it could be that the tutor will wait until all interviews before making decisions and that there are interviews being conducted until the end of the month! I'm hoping it will be earlier than that though, a friend of a friend received his offer in 2 weeks last year.
Reply 12
I got a no yesterday :frown: !
Hope you guys all the best !!

Ah Im sorry! I had my interview same day as you and still waiting, where have you decided to go?
Reply 14
Ah Im sorry! I had my interview same day as you and still waiting, where have you decided to go?

Oh ! I hope you get in :smile: !!
I'm accepted at AA and back in France, still waiting for other schools but I have light economy and was thinking about postponing the master of one year because I have an intern paid job at a great firm at the moment!

Oh no!! Sorry to hear :frown:! Atleast you've got other great schools if you do decide to go! I know it's tempting to carry on working another year!

What date was your interview Architecture024?
Oh no!! Sorry to hear :frown:! Atleast you've got other great schools if you do decide to go! I know it's tempting to carry on working another year!

What date was your interview Architecture024?

I had mine on the 19th of April, they also said it could be June until we hear. I know a few people that got in last year and they all heard in JULY :frown:.

I'm from London and if I don't get into UCL I might go to Edinburgh so its really frustrating not knowing whether i'll be moving to Scotland until quite last minute.. Where are your other choices?
I had mine on the 19th of April, they also said it could be June until we hear. I know a few people that got in last year and they all heard in JULY :frown:.

I'm from London and if I don't get into UCL I might go to Edinburgh so its really frustrating not knowing whether i'll be moving to Scotland until quite last minute.. Where are your other choices?

Mine was the 19th April also! I know someone who got in last year and they found out in 2 weeks too, judging by Armoulinex we just hear as and when they decide which is so frustrating!

I'm from Manchester, I've got Westminster, Greenwich and Manchester - the only other schools I applied to - but I am going to go to Greenwich if not the Bartlett :smile:

I really thought we'd of heard back by now as student finance deadline is 31st May!
Mine was the 19th April also! I know someone who got in last year and they found out in 2 weeks too, judging by Armoulinex we just hear as and when they decide which is so frustrating!

I'm from Manchester, I've got Westminster, Greenwich and Manchester - the only other schools I applied to - but I am going to go to Greenwich if not the Bartlett :smile:

I really thought we'd of heard back by now as student finance deadline is 31st May!

I called student finance and they are literally so caj its fine, you can even apply for it in September so I wouldn't worry about that.

I have a friend who works at the bartlett and she said they decide straight away some yes and no's and then they put some to the side which are 'maybes' and wait until they've had all interviews (which carry on to june) until they decide. So we could annoyingly be in the category. I'd just rather just know now tbh, even if its a no..

I would recommend Westminster above Greenwich as well btw, Im sure you've thought about it a lot, just everyone is my work told me Westminster is a lot more organised and on point, they win a lot more RIBA awards and a lot of the teachers are Bartlett alumni
I called student finance and they are literally so caj its fine, you can even apply for it in September so I wouldn't worry about that.

I have a friend who works at the bartlett and she said they decide straight away some yes and no's and then they put some to the side which are 'maybes' and wait until they've had all interviews (which carry on to june) until they decide. So we could annoyingly be in the category. I'd just rather just know now tbh, even if its a no..

I would recommend Westminster above Greenwich as well btw, Im sure you've thought about it a lot, just everyone is my work told me Westminster is a lot more organised and on point, they win a lot more RIBA awards and a lot of the teachers are Bartlett alumni

Yeah, I'm the same I'd just rather know either way now so I can plan.

I know its been a really tough decision, I've a friend at Westminster now a friend who went to Greenwich last year and is returning in sept (working in H/Brown at mo) and a friend going to Westminster in Sept so I've been really torn. In the end it came down to the type of work at both with Greenwich offering me the ability to be really quite conceptual if I want and I know tutors there.

I've had people at work saying the studio culture isn't that student friendly at Westminster but I have taken everything with a pinch of salt because you could hear all sorts couldn't you. I guess working hard you could make any uni work. :smile:

Thanks for the advice though :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending