The Student Room Group

Want to drop out of first year and reapply for a different course?

I am currently a first year student at Durham studying law, but I am really struggling. I really hate the course and I feel like I'm not ready for uni and really should have taken a gap year before coming. I want to drop out and reapply for a different course - preferably English literature - for 2017, but I'm really scared that I won't get any offers because I dropped out. I want to try applying for Oxbridge, but don't they blacklist people who dropped out of other unis? I got 2 A*s and an A at A Level, a furter A at AS and 8 A*s and 3 As at GCSE if that helps.
Reply 1
Original post by tsxm89
I am currently a first year student at Durham studying law, but I am really struggling. I really hate the course and I feel like I'm not ready for uni and really should have taken a gap year before coming. I want to drop out and reapply for a different course - preferably English literature - for 2017, but I'm really scared that I won't get any offers because I dropped out. I want to try applying for Oxbridge, but don't they blacklist people who dropped out of other unis? I got 2 A*s and an A at A Level, a further A at AS and 8 A*s and 3 As at GCSE if that helps.

You're never guaranteed an Oxbridge offer. If you think you'll be happy there, you might as well try. But pick your other choices carefully so that you have somewhere you're more likely to get an offer from.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending