The Student Room Group

Re applying twice

Hello, I've been to university twice before and dropped out a few weeks in. I was wondering if I want to re apply how many years will I be funded for? Please help
Original post by Vince V
Hello, I've been to university twice before and dropped out a few weeks in. I was wondering if I want to re apply how many years will I be funded for? Please help

The general rule for tuition fee loans is
length of new course + 1 year - years of previous study.

Part years generally count as an entire year.

If you don't have a qualification from your previous study you should be entitled to the maintenance loans and other support - just not the tuition fee loan (so you'd have to pay for the first year of your new course up front to your university).
Reply 2
I understand. I dropped out twice, the first time was the first year and the second time I dropped out of a foundation year. Does that mean I have to pay for 2 years or do they both count as the first year only?
Thanks
Original post by Vince V
I understand. I dropped out twice, the first time was the first year and the second time I dropped out of a foundation year. Does that mean I have to pay for 2 years or do they both count as the first year only?
Thanks

That counts as 2 years of previous study meaning your first year tuition fees on your new course won't be eligible for a tuition fee loan.

There can be exceptions if you can prove that you dropped put due to compelling personal reasons (health problems or bereavement).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending