The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Sheffield vs Warwick for Biomedical Science

I am really stuck deciding between Warwick and Sheffield to study Biomedical Science! I really liked both when I went to visit and the courses look great. It seems that if I decided I wanted to switch to Biology that it would be easy to do that at Warwick and maybe not at Sheffield? Warwick is much closer to home for me so I like the idea that I would be able to get home quicker and people come to see me more easily. Will Warwick be able to offer me enough socially as Coventry isn't the nicest place and Leamington Spa is relatively small and expensive? I will want to be getting involved with music and hopefully sport. I obviously want to be employable when I finish my degree and have heard that Warwick is targeted much more by employers, is that right? Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated as I need to make my decision asap! Thanks!
Hi, I am the admissions tutor for BMS at Sheffield. The first thing to consider is the content of the two degrees. Although they are similar there are some differences, as course content is driven by the research interestes of the academic staff. You can get get more detail about Sheffield modules (current ones for 2015/16) here:
http://www.sheffield.ac.uk/bms/undergrad/modules/index
If you click on each module you will be able to find out more detailed course information.

The second thing to consider is the university - what are the facilities, the feel of the place, accommodation, the social scene and sporting activities.

Take both of these into consideration when making your decision. I would suggest course content is the most important (if you love the course you will be super motivated to do well) BUT you also need to be comfortable with the university as well. If you are not happy with one of these then you will not settle. Let me know if you have any questions about Sheffield and good luck wherever you end up!
Dr Louise Robson
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending