The Student Room Group

Stuck

I am a graduate who had been doing office temping for over a month, miss the old place of work and the others temps I was with - not the work though as the contract ended. Had a weeks holiday and went away, enjoyed myself so much have come back and started another temp job which makes me cry when I get home and the area I live in is horrible. The manager is a bully, the work is boring and there is no-one to talk to as I'm doing the filing as they are behind with work. I agreed to do the job as another manager had recommended me. The contract is varying from 6 - 12 weeks so I will want a holiday in the summer. Read a graduate book which says temping is bad for your c.v but I don't have any other work.

I am going to a childcare careers fare tomorrow to see what my options are as I feel this is the career for me. I just want to cry as admin is so depressing and isolating. Anyone else felt this way in depressing jobs?
Anonymous
I am a graduate who had been doing office temping for over a month, miss the old place of work and the others temps I was with - not the work though as the contract ended. Had a weeks holiday and went away, enjoyed myself so much have come back and started another temp job which makes me cry when I get home and the area I live in is horrible. The manager is a bully, the work is boring and there is no-one to talk to as I'm doing the filing as they are behind with work. I agreed to do the job as another manager had recommended me. The contract is varying from 6 - 12 weeks so I will want a holiday in the summer. Read a graduate book which says temping is bad for your c.v but I don't have any other work.

I am going to a childcare careers fare tomorrow to see what my options are as I feel this is the career for me. I just want to cry as admin is so depressing and isolating. Anyone else felt this way in depressing jobs?

it does ****ing suck. if you can take any kind of consolation away from the reality, you could say it's hardening you as a character, and hardening your mental strength. I'm currently temping before i can apply for a Masters, to start in Sept 08, so at least until Sept 07, i have to remain in the UK, and work...once i've applied for the Masters i'm most likely to go abroad, work and travel, but until then, i'm effectively choiceless, the only reality is temp work. It's really dull, it does feel quite humiliating...you do good work @ uni, you feel you've tested yourself at uni, you should be really looking forward to the next stage of your life, i.e. your first proper job, but when you have to wait another year or so, before you begin your next qualfication, in my case a Masters is required for the jobs i wish to apply for...it really can suck.

And ranting is good. It's a healthy thing to rant, which is what i'm also currently doing on here :cool: Let it all out brother :cool:

Childcare? Have you thought about an MA in Social Work?? This is what i'm hoping to be doing, and eventually to have a career, set of occupations, in mental health, in a psychology capacity....

Latest

Trending

Trending