The Student Room Group
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website

Bangor Accommodation for Postgraduates

Hi :smile:
I'm starting in Bangor in September to study PGCE and wanted to know what accommodation for postgraduates would be recommended?
I quite fancy St Mary's Quad.
I've read that it's mostly filled with postgraduates(which I want), it had en-suites(which I want).

I was wondering if anyone could tell me how far it is from the Normal site? And anything extra about this Hall?

Thank you :smile:

Xx
Reply 1
Original post by BetsanMair_24
I'm starting in Bangor in September to study PGCE and wanted to know what accommodation for postgraduates would be recommended?
I've read that it's mostly filled with postgraduates(which I want), it had en-suites(which I want).

I was wondering if anyone could tell me how far it is from the Normal site? And anything extra about this Hall?

Xx

Hello, I am a postgraduate student. I live in St Mary's Quad. It is very nice but I would like to live in private accommodation with my girlfriend. To be let out of my contract I need someone to take on my contract. If you want you can take over my contract from September until January. Normally, they offer only a full year contract so this would be a unique chance to try out St Mary's for a shorter time. The normal site is relatively far from everything really, but with St Mary's you're close to everything else.

Best wishes
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website
Reply 2
Hi Betsan,

I just set about researching this stuff myself, just started a thread for PGCE in Bangor ...http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4042043&highlight=bangor+pgce#primary_content

Maybe we can get a bit of a discussion going..

Cheers,

Nick
Original post by Berako

Hello, I am a postgraduate student. I live in St Mary's Quad. It is very nice but I would like to live in private accommodation with my girlfriend. To be let out of my contract I need someone to take on my contract. If you want you can take over my contract from September until January. Normally, they offer only a full year contract so this would be a unique chance to try out St Mary's for a shorter time. The normal site is relatively far from everything really, but with St Mary's you're close to everything else.

Best wishes

Hi.
Thanks for replying. The only thing is...i am planning to live there for the entire year...not just for a short time. But thanks anyway :smile:

All the best
Original post by BetsanMair_24

Xx

Hi BetsanMair_24,

Fantastic news that you'll be starting your PGCE with us in September :smile:

St Mary's Village is a great place to live and be, just to make you aware if you do not have a bike / car its a good 45 minute walk to Normal Site from St Mary's.

Take a look at the link below for more information on other Postgraduate accommodation

https://www.bangor.ac.uk/accommodation/halls/garth.php.en

All the best :smile:

Sera (Bangor Official Rep)

Quick Reply

Latest