The Student Room Group

UCL PPE, or LSE Politics & Philosophy

I am excited to get both offers for 2016 entry, but find it an extremely hard choice to make.

My prime interests are in Politics & International Relations, and Philosophy. As I have a Science background (Maths A-level, Further Maths AS-level) it may be a good idea to have more breadth to cover also Economics for first year under PPE, and to choose Politics and Philosophy stream from second year. To me both courses are appealing.

In terms of career choice I do not have a firm view yet, but am considering journalism, consultancy, government (policy making), academia, or even law...

In my home country LSE is seen as more prestigious; whereas PPE is regarded as a great course. From various TSR discussion treads I have got some idea on college branding and career prospects which I do not plan to repeat here.

To help me with a decision, I would like to know more about the two courses, hopefully from current students or graduates. Including but not limited to:

1) teaching quality (I think LSE ranks higher in Politics)
2) student mix / profiles (say, are there many students with Science background in the LSE P&P course?)
3) course emphasis?
4) workload (say, overall frequency for writing papers?)
5) drop out and failure rate / chance of getting at least 2:1?
6) how well a Hong Kong student can fit in?
7) further research opportunity?
7) any other determining factors?

Appreciate your comments or input.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending