The Student Room Group

Clothes for Freshers Week + Going Out -HELP

So I'm starting university in September and I need help with sorting out a wardrobe for Freshers week/general clubbing throughout the year. I have a lot of clothes but none of them are suited for clubbing or going out really (either super casual or super professional). To any girls that have experienced freshers week, or just go clubbing a lot, what basic items should I add to my wardrobe that are a MUST for clubbing? What do most girls tend to wear? I'm working over the summer so I have enough money to spend, i just need inspiration on the types of clothes and shoes that I will need.
(General clubbing tips would be helpful too as seen as I have never been)
Thankyou!! xx
Original post by bethhh98
So I'm starting university in September and I need help with sorting out a wardrobe for Freshers week/general clubbing throughout the year. I have a lot of clothes but none of them are suited for clubbing or going out really (either super casual or super professional). To any girls that have experienced freshers week, or just go clubbing a lot, what basic items should I add to my wardrobe that are a MUST for clubbing? What do most girls tend to wear? I'm working over the summer so I have enough money to spend, i just need inspiration on the types of clothes and shoes that I will need.
(General clubbing tips would be helpful too as seen as I have never been)
Thankyou!! xx

Those cheapy stretchy bodycon dresses will really come In handy.
A little black dress may be in order to look sophisticated for special events.
A few skirts and crop tops if you like that kind of thing.
Heels, and foldable flats. Pop some tights in your handbag for when you leave the club and it's freezing outside.
Cardigan or light leather jacket to wear over dresses since hefty jackets always ruin your outfit.
That's all I had and u was fine in freshers week.
Original post by TheArtofProtest
Come the morning, you'll probably have no clothes left on.

:frown:
save some money for freshers week as there tends to be a lot of dressing up

just get some nice dresses/skirt+top/etc combinations and a pair/couple of pairs of heels, plus some flats
Have at least one formal dress for your freshers ball! (if you're having one that is) and having a heavy/ really warm coat is an absolute must if you're trekking home on public transport or walking back at 2am you can usually check them in at the club.
Reply 5
Original post by cherryred90s
Those cheapy stretchy bodycon dresses will really come In handy.
A little black dress may be in order to look sophisticated for special events.
A few skirts and crop tops if you like that kind of thing.
Heels, and foldable flats. Pop some tights in your handbag for when you leave the club and it's freezing outside.
Cardigan or light leather jacket to wear over dresses since hefty jackets always ruin your outfit.
That's all I had and u was fine in freshers week.

Original post by doodle_333
save some money for freshers week as there tends to be a lot of dressing up

just get some nice dresses/skirt+top/etc combinations and a pair/couple of pairs of heels, plus some flats

Original post by ARNILEWIS1
Have at least one formal dress for your freshers ball! (if you're having one that is) and having a heavy/ really warm coat is an absolute must if you're trekking home on public transport or walking back at 2am you can usually check them in at the club.

Thanks guys -thats really helpful :smile: never even thought about a coat so thats a good idea (y)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending