The Student Room Group

failed nursing

Hi I have recently failed an exam and been withdrawn from my nursing course. I am still very passionate about nursing and want to reapply for the same course at another university, but do i have to disclose that i have already failed the course once? And if so will this have a negative impact on my application?
Original post by obrien95
Hi I have recently failed an exam and been withdrawn from my nursing course. I am still very passionate about nursing and want to reapply for the same course at another university, but do i have to disclose that i have already failed the course once? And if so will this have a negative impact on my application?

I've moved this into the Nursing and Midwifery forum (Healthcare is for other health professions).

When you apply for a course you have to declare all of your previous study and any qualifications obtained - it's up to you and your referee if you want to explain the reasons for leaving and why you believe that these reasons wont re-occur on another similar course.

Ideally your referee should be someone from your current university if you have university study experiences - they're best placed to comment on your suitability for another course.
You should talk to your course tutor as to the reasons you failed. You said it was an exam, so I would go on to rectify whatever weakness was identified. Presumably youve checked to see if there is an appeal procedure and whther you have reasons such as mitigating circumstances.

Obviously full disclosure is needed otherwise it will be taken very seriiously of/ when you reapply. On the basis it will come out/ has to come out, then you need to be able to persuade them you have deal with the weakness imo.

It seems different nursing schools have different policies on reapplication, so its possible to reapply, but I would make enquiries to the school concerned, what their policy was, so you know in advance. There is no reason for you to disclose your name.

If you are a member of the RCN then they have a helpline where they can advise. .

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending