Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Where do I go from this?

Forum navigation

Announcements Posted on
Would YOU be put off a uni with a high crime rate? First 50 to have their say get a £5 Amazon voucher! 27-10-2016

I've been doing a Level 3 business administration apprenticeship for the past 11 months. My managers do not get a long with me at all and I feel they are giving me every sort of task possible to make me leave. I have recently been told that I will be taking on a cold calling role with a script and calling up over 2000 people to get back responses. How is this anything to do with administration? This isn't the first time this sort of thing has happened either they have continually been giving me jobs that have absolutely no relevance to the job I originally went for.

As of right now I no longer feel like I'm part of any team, I don't really have a department I work in and I just float around where ever the managers decide to put me next.
    Lots of people are leaving here as well for a number of different reasons.

I didn't sign up to be a cold caller, I wanted to go in to the field of management and I've felt like ever since the managers have known this they have been doing everything they can to get rid of me in order to keep their little fish tank safe.

I want to leave this place really badly as every day I can feel is causing physical symptom's of stress and depression. But I don't want to give up on my NVQ as I am near to completing it. I am beginning to feel like I am really trapped here and that there is no real way out of here.

It's not like I haven't given this a try either it has been like this for the past 4 months of me working here everyday the same thing, I feel that it has started to wear me down emotionally and physically has started to drain me.

I'd give anything to work somewhere else in a job where the role is as it specifies in the description. The worse thing is this is with a local council as well so it's not like it's some dodgy company it's just the managers who don't want to lose their positions of power.

What do you think I should do?

Can you get a skip level meeting? Try and get a meeting with a manager above yours and have a chat. Explain to them what's going on and why you think it's happening. The nice thing is, if you make a good impression there's a good chance that the manager will be able to guide you into the type of role you want. Senior managers like to find people to guide through into managers jobs.

You need to complete your qualifications, but at the same time, you also need to make sure you're going to be happy in the job. Take a lesson from this though and don't tell someone you want their job.

There are many places to go for Business Apprenticeships. I'd suggest simply starting over elsewhere and convincing future employers that the time at your current place wasn't the right place hence why you quit. Business is one of the most common apprenticeships, too. You can find another one easily.
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 28, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

I want...
Useful resources

Apprenticeship zone:

GIGF logo

Apprenticeship Zone

All you need to know about higher and degree apprenticeships.

GIGF logo

Meet the apprentices

Read these case studies from real apprentices to hear the truth about what it's like!

GIGF logo

Apprenticeship Vacancies

Find the latest higher and degree apprenticeship opportunities.

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

ICAEW logo

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick links:

Unanswered apprenticeships and alternatives to university threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.