Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Feel overwhelmed, demotivated...

Announcements Posted on
Last day to win £100 of Amazon vouchers - don't miss out! Take our quick survey to enter 24-10-2016

just wanted to post anonymously about feelings to somewhere

think i am one of those people who gets stupidly upset for a day or two after seeing my partner, have been crying in bed most of the day.. am assuming other people do this too... ? lol
    not really sure what to do as i also feel overwhelmed from workloads and don't have will to leave the house or do any work i have to do and don't really want to see other people, really do not want to go outside and look at other people

seem to procrastinate a lot and cry too lately
    hard to see the point of doing anything if i can't cope with work and relationships now then i will probably end up never meeting deadlines or getting anywhere in life
    have no real interest in doing anything anyway

mostly a post to post something somewhere lol now am feeling productive

If it gets too much that a chat with a friend doesnt solve it, then go and see your GP. Stress is soemthing most of us have to cope with an natural, its when it tips over into being overwhelming that you might decide things arent right.

It does seem like you are handling the stresses of work/study pretty badly

How do you feel when you are with you're partner? If you're happy, stress free then maybe see him/her more often? You can always talk through your situation with your partner, I'm sure they will be more than willing to help you through your tough times

thank you for the replies,
    999tigger - i don't know how bad overwhelming is, but i tend to not do anything because i keep thinking about how much there is to do and how i won't be able to do it so i tend to sit/ cry/ do nothing

cpt connor - feel good with my partner especially just before meeting them, its great when we're together, its all i want, but its quite annoying i feel physically sick when i know they have to leave soon which is very dumb and annoying but that is life, everyone has commitments. we are both pretty stressed so its more for them to deal with on top of everything else
    but I'm sure it will end ok
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 21, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Would you rather find

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.