The Student Room Group

I don't know what to do anymore

I'm in year 12 and I wanted to do biology, geography, psychology and sociology but because of my C grade at GCSE I was unable to get onto the biology course. I knew since last summer that at Uni I wanted to study marine biology (I know it's super hard but I would have worked for it) and because I didn't do biology I chose history. I am so unhappy now with how school is going; for the last 2/3 months I have been trying to drop history because I am so far behind and it's too much for me. On top of all this I am currently on a U in psychology and my head of year is trying to make me drop it now. I am so stuck on what to do because I want to carry on geography and psychology next year. I feel like my school is no help and they don't listen to me and because of how things are going I don't want to go to university anymore and I feel like I am going to go nowhere in life. Pretty much every night when I get home I start to revise and then break down because it's too much work on top of homework and then I'm not in the right frame of mind to do anymore and I just give up. I have now realised that I should have taken BTECs but it is too late for that and I do not want to resist the year.
Reply 1
Original post by adeleropkax
I'm in year 12 and I wanted to do biology, geography, psychology and sociology but because of my C grade at GCSE I was unable to get onto the biology course. I knew since last summer that at Uni I wanted to study marine biology (I know it's super hard but I would have worked for it) and because I didn't do biology I chose history. I am so unhappy now with how school is going; for the last 2/3 months I have been trying to drop history because I am so far behind and it's too much for me. On top of all this I am currently on a U in psychology and my head of year is trying to make me drop it now. I am so stuck on what to do because I want to carry on geography and psychology next year. I feel like my school is no help and they don't listen to me and because of how things are going I don't want to go to university anymore and I feel like I am going to go nowhere in life. Pretty much every night when I get home I start to revise and then break down because it's too much work on top of homework and then I'm not in the right frame of mind to do anymore and I just give up. I have now realised that I should have taken BTECs but it is too late for that and I do not want to resist the year.

You're going to have to resit the year with better subject choices. It's too late to change subjects and do the exams this summer, and you don't sound like you're going to get good enough grades in your current subjects to carry on next year (and even if you do, you don't want to carry on).

Work out what you want to do in future. Do you still want marine biology? If so, get some uni prospectuses and have a look at the entry requirements. Then, work out what you need to do next - what subjects and grades do you need?

Quick Reply

Latest