The Student Room Group

do you think its appropriate for people to take pregnant selfies?

it seems like a dreadful plea for attention
i would kill myself if i found out my mum took one

Scroll to see replies

…what??????????????? :lolwut:
do you think it's appropriate to take any selfies?
1) Things that do not directly offend others or harm them physically/mentally intentionally are appropriate

2) Selfies are an example of something that does not directly offend others or harm them physically/mentally intentionally

3) Therefore pregnant selfies are appropriate
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 5
I do not think so
Original post by ForestShadow
1) Things that do not directly offend others or harm them physically/mentally intentionally are appropriate

2) Selfies are an example of something that does not directly offend others or harm them physically/mentally intentionally

3) Therefore pregnant selfies are appropriate

:hugs:
Yeah theyre appropriate!
Everyone takes selfies nowadays so pregant ones arent much different.
Original post by Straighthate
it seems like a dreadful plea for attention
i would kill myself if i found out my mum took one

Yes if they want to. What I don't think is appropriate is uploading pictures of stillborn babies. I don't know why people do that
people take selfies all the time, people take photos of important events/situations in their life's all the time, don't see what's particularly special about a pregnant one which does both basically?
I wasn't aware this was a thing people felt strongly about. :lolwut:
I hate pregnancy. I hate selfies. :colonhash:

Spoiler

Many women seem to have low self esteem with themselves when pregnant...as long as they are appropriately dressed and clothed, you shouldn't have any problem with someone taking a selfie then pregnant. If anything, good on them for being confident and showing they are happy.

Now if there was a pregnant woman taking very inappropriate selfies I'd have a problem but I have a friend with a young baby, she took selfies throughout the pregnancy, and you know what? She was happy so who is anyone to judge. Now she has a nice record of her progress through her pregnancy too.
(edited 7 years ago)
Why on earth wouldn't it be appropriate? A woman takes a selfie. Appropriate. A woman is pregnant. Appropriate. A woman who is pregnant takes a selfie. Appropriate.
No, they are child abuse.

Posted from TSR Mobile
What's not appropriate about it?
Maybe it's coz the unborn baby is unable to give consent as to whether they want their picture taken :dontknow:
Reply 17
I feel sad when I see posts like that :frown: I mean, why you have brains if you cannot differentiate for yourself how important role one's selfie plays in your life.
Original post by -CarpeDiem-

Now if there was a pregnant woman taking very inappropriate selfies I'd have no problem

guessing that's "a problem" lol.
Of course it isn't inappropriate, how could it be? But we may well judge the taker of the selfie for being narcissistic.

Quick Reply