The Student Room Group

GCSE WJEC English Literature 27th May 2016

I am doing Lord of the Flies and Blood Brothers for this exam and was wondering if anyone had any predictions for characters and themes for each?

Scroll to see replies

I'm doing the same, but not sure on predictions. Do you know what came up in the resit in Jan?
Original post by rebbarn29
I'm doing the same, but not sure on predictions. Do you know what came up in the resit in Jan?

I didn't even know there was a resist in January? Was it the second literature paper as well as the first?
Original post by camilledanielsen
I didn't even know there was a resist in January? Was it the second literature paper as well as the first?

I think so, Curley came up in the Jan resit I think
Reply 4
I'm doing "A View From the Bridge" & "A Christmas Carol"
Any predicted questions for tomorrows WJEC English Lit 2b.
After the fail from Monday, any help would be appreciated!!!
thanks. :smile:
I'm doing LoftF and AVFTB, for lord of the flies I think either Jack or Simon will come up and for AVFTB Beatrice, Alfieri or Marco. I did this through process of elimination
Any predictions on blood brothers and a Christmas carol for tomorrow's exam?
Original post by lizzie2000
I'm doing LoftF and AVFTB, for lord of the flies I think either Jack or Simon will come up and for AVFTB Beatrice, Alfieri or Marco. I did this through process of elimination

Marco came up last year didn't he and alfieri the year before that? Do they still have a chance of coming up?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone doing Heores and An inspector Calls?
Original post by asdfghjklgcses
Marco came up last year didn't he and alfieri the year before that? Do they still have a chance of coming up?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think they could come up again although you may be right, I just assumed there may be a long essay question on their importance seeing as previously they were questions on giving advice to the actor playing them, I definitely think Beatrice could come up as there hasn't been an essay question on her yet, but I guess we have to prepare for all eventualities.
I'm doing ACC and AVFTB. I looked at the past papers on WJEC website so because of elimination and looking at main characters and themes:

ACC could be
Characters - Scrooge (obviously), Bob Cratchit, all Ghosts (and Marley) or Tiny Tim (and fezziwig but he is a minor character so very unlikely to come up)
Themes - Isolation, Transformation (easy one so hopefully will come up), choices, time, home, memory/past and guilt/blame

AVFTB could be
Characters - Eddie, Catherine, Beatrice (the rest have all recently been focused on but could still come up as part of a theme)Themes - Justice/Law, abandonment, masculinity, respect/reputation, women/femininity or hopes/dreams.

The ones that have come up in the past are obviously less likely to come up but don't rule them out in case they tie into other characters and themes. Also, main characters such as Scrooge and Eddie have themes within the characters that are not main themes running through the book and could be asked in the exam. Context questions can be asked as well so definitely have a good knowledge of background/context as you should always include it in the long questions no matter what the question. For mice and men last week, I revised a lot on loneliness and friendship came up which tie into each other so I was just lucky. Try to get a brief knowledge of everything but a lot of them link together. I'm going to focus on beatrice and justice/law and women/femininity for AVFTB and Scrooge, Ghosts, transformation and guilt/blame. Learning these should give me a good base for whatever comes up. Hope this helps! Good luck!
Original post by Lightning_xo

i am !! yikes i haven't started heroes revision yet though
Original post by Rjhepkenhdjd
i am !! yikes i haven't started heroes revision yet though

i havent done anything im doing inspector calls now.

How did you revise for that??
Doing the same books as you, what are you revising?

I am doing Lord of the Flies and Blood Brothers for this exam and was wondering if anyone had any predictions for characters and themes for each?
i havent done anything im doing inspector calls now.

How did you revise for that??

just watching youtube videos really and learning quotes. like i already had an overview of priestley's purpose and context so i'm kinda just relying on that n winging it w quote interpretations tbh
Original post by twhiddy
Doing the same books as you, what are you revising?

My teachers believe that for LOTF Jack or Simon will come up, however its very predictable for Simon due to him not coming up before therefore WJEC may purposely not use him as everyone would have revised him. For BB they believe either Mickey, or maybe a smaller character such as Sammy or the Narrator as they've never come up before.

Overall, I've just tried to revise all themes and characters I could to prepare but I have found it really hard to learn everything.

Do you have any predictions?
My teachers believe that for LOTF Jack or Simon will come up, however its very predictable for Simon due to him not coming up before therefore WJEC may purposely not use him as everyone would have revised him. For BB they believe either Mickey, or maybe a smaller character such as Sammy or the Narrator as they've never come up before.

Overall, I've just tried to revise all themes and characters I could to prepare but I have found it really hard to learn everything.

Seems like something WJEC would do(by purposefully not including Simon) they're so sneaky!!! The same thing happened in my Welsh literature exam. Is there a possibility of maybe the littluns or sam'neric coming up?

Posted from TSR Mobile

A lot have speculated Jack or Simon, personally I'm hoping for Simon..but he might not come up because of the predictability. They don't think Ralph too. I'm really hoping for the Narrator for BB but they might be awkward by putting Sammy and I hardly have any points to give him :-(
Has Mickey never come up before?

Yeah

Quick Reply