Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

break up advice

Announcements Posted on
Last day to win £100 of Amazon vouchers - don't miss out! Take our quick survey to enter 24-10-2016

My boyfriend of 3 years left me to join the priesthood. It is braking my heart. Was very sudden. He said he had tried to deny it (the call) but he couldn't, he just had such a pull to the church, no matter how much he already did to help it was never enough . I dont hate him, i just hate what happened. I miss him soo much as we had a perfect relationship, spent so much time together and have always been honest etc, he was my best friend also so I now have a void. Its hard that i have to accept that i can no longer be with him. I still care soo much and dont know if ill ever get over him. I would give anything for him to change his mind...
    I would still love to be his friend but there is no way that can happen in the near future as my heart will just cling on.
    People tell me loads of things to try and help and I appreciate that but I don't wanna hear 'you'll find someone else, you're only young' etc... we had planned our life together and now we have to be apart, my mind cant cope with that.
    Any advice?

Time heals all wounds Nicole, and as much as you hate hearing what other people say, they are kinda right. The likely hood that you and him will be together again is slim, so it will be best for both parties to try and move on, no matter how painful it will be.
    Sorry to be the bearer of bad news

Probably can't help but I have been in a similar situation.
    It does hurt because there is no one to blame and that it some ways makes it harder. It was hard because it wasn't my choice and not what I wanted.
    You will adjust to it in time. It's not easy but you'll be fine. Hope you're OK x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 24, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Would you rather find

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.