Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

Free up prisons, give people some of the rights lions have.

Announcements Posted on
Would YOU be put off a uni with a high crime rate? First 50 to have their say get a £5 Amazon voucher! 27-10-2016

Our justice system is pathetic. It is so bad that it actually encourages criminality. Let me explain. If you go to a zoo or some location in Africa and climbed into a lions den, you would become dead fairly quickly and fairly painfully. Nobody would blame the lions and they would not be arrested for murder, or eating people. As a result, only a minority of people actually try to walk into a lions den or cuddle a polar bear.

Now lets apply the same logic to burglars. If I catch some scrote breaking into my shed or house to steal stuff, you can be pretty confident that the burgler is gonna get mangled. In which case I will get arrested for murder or something. Mutilating someone who for all I know could cause me serious harm IS REASONABLE FORCE!

Well lets get rid of the whole issue by allowing owners of property to maim and mangle all those who attempt to steal, destroy or otherwise deprive us of our hard earned stuff. Not only is it very unusual for dead people to re-offend, but they do not need a prison cell either. In addition, it is a strong deterrent for burglars if they know they are gonna get brutalized if caught (see lion analogy). Ofcourse this isnt a perfect system as cops will still need to investigate the crime to see if it really was a burglar and not someone you have lured coz he shagged your missus. However the benefits far outweigh the risks. This simple rule would greatly enhance the justice system all by itself. Am I a genius or what!

A lion acts like an animal so it belongs in a cage or far enough away from civilization, same for you and your barbarism.

It's quite simply, you catch a burglar, you point your shotgun at him, tell him to gtfo, then call the police.

I like it...

I was unimpressed to find out that if when away from home you set a trap for intruders, for example the draw to your valuables has a knife on a trigger which makes it impale a hand going inside, they can in fact file criminal charges against you! BS.

I'd also add the death penalty should come back, used rarely of course but there are numerous cases where there is absolutely no doubt. For example repeat murderer/rapist who's semen is found in the bodies, has their DNA/blood in his vehicle etc. Admits to doing it but has no remorse. Now what is the point of living them life in a cage? Prison is meant to be about a mixture of punishment and rehabilitation, there is no fit punish for such crimes and the person clearly isn't going to be safe out in the world.....so just end them. We put down a dog for biting someone ONCE, yet won't put down a human who's killed multiple others?

Well, I guess I'll be the first person to point out that OP is nuts.
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 22, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

I want...
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.