The Student Room Group

What is Spanish like at A level?

Currently predicted to get a High B in it... But I enjoy it. How hard will it be?
Reply 1
Anybody?
It depends on how good your teacher is, your levels of natural ability, and your commitment. Compared with French, the grammar is far simpler, and it's phonetic to read, so that already gives a great headstart.
Reply 3
Original post by DrSocSciences
It depends on how good your teacher is, your levels of natural ability, and your commitment. Compared with French, the grammar is far simpler, and it's phonetic to read, so that already gives a great headstart.

What grade did you get and did you enjoy it?
Original post by Rajive
What grade did you get and did you enjoy it?

I got an A (in the days before A*), but I got that in 24 months from scratch, so was quite pleased, and read Modern Languages for my undergrad degree. I really enjoyed it. I didn't like my teacher, - but realised that that would become an impediment to doing well, so just got on with it.
Reply 5
Original post by DrSocSciences
I got an A (in the days before A*), but I got that in 24 months from scratch, so was quite pleased, and read Modern Languages for my undergrad degree. I really enjoyed it. I didn't like my teacher, - but realised that that would become an impediment to doing well, so just got on with it.

Yeah sometimes I feel like I might hate my teacher, but I guess you just have to get on with it.

Quick Reply

Latest