The Student Room Group

GCSE CORE SCIENCE B1 C1 P1 Exams 2016 {OFFICIAL THREAD} EDEXCEL ONLY

Poll

Which is your strongest subject?

17TH 19TH 25TH MAY 2016
B1 C1 P1
Have you finished the syllabus? What are your marks/grades on the past papers?

Scroll to see replies

I've completed B1 revision and am now in the process of revising C1. Haven't even looked at physics yet:eek::eek:.
In the mocks we sat the June 2015 series and I got 60/60 in B1, 57/60 in C1 and 52/60 in P1. All of which were graded at A*.
Reply 2
How do you revise? It would be really appreciated if you could give some advice?
Reply 3
Original post by Ninestars
I've completed B1 revision and am now in the process of revising C1. Haven't even looked at physics yet:eek::eek:.
In the mocks we sat the June 2015 series and I got 60/60 in B1, 57/60 in C1 and 52/60 in P1. All of which were graded at A*.

How do you revise? It would be really appreciated if you could give some advice?
Reply 4

I would like some advice too please
I've written out notes and made a folder using the Edexcel textbook and my school book, I then use past papers, mark scheme and examiner reports from the Edexcel website to see what the examiner is looking for as well as getting an idea of the style of the exam. Examiner reports are veeeerrrry helpful.
I just simply get my revision guide out write, copy and understand how things work and answer the questions which I know so far at the end of each topic page which saves time afterwards I go through all the questions again and revise them. I also do past papers to get used to the type of questions in the exam. In my mock exams I got all B's in my science exams which I sort of knew I was going to get. :biggrin:
Original post by Taran001
17TH 19TH 25TH MAY 2016
B1 C1 P1
Have you finished the syllabus? What are your marks/grades on the past papers?

Original post by rdm1999

Original post by rdm1999

Original post by Taran001
I would like some advice too please

I've written out notes and made a folder using the Edexcel textbook and my school book, I then use past papers, mark scheme and examiner reports from the Edexcel website to see what the examiner is looking for as well as getting an idea of the style of the exam. Examiner reports are veeeerrrry helpful.

Original post by sameerrugby
I just simply get my revision guide out write, copy and understand how things work and answer the questions which I know so far at the end of each topic page which saves time afterwards I go through all the questions again and revise them. I also do past papers to get used to the type of questions in the exam. In my mock exams I got all B's in my science exams which I sort of knew I was going to get. :biggrin:

Are you guys in Year 10 or doing triple in Year 11 like me?
Original post by romansholiday

year 11

Year 11 :biggrin:
Ngl I actually kinda like B1. I'm getting B/A grades on the past papers
Chem and Physics are okay.. averaging Bs
Hoping for at least Bs in all my sciences
Reply 11
I hope the 6 markers for B1 are homeostasis and glucose, but that came up last year. Maybe a pollution one? For P1, i hope it is about herschel and ritter and about dangers of ionising radiation. C1, reactivity of metals and polymers/alloys.
Hey,
I did core last year and I'm redoing it this year as part of the separate sciences
My tip would be: More than 1 week b4 the exam, write notes(mind maps for me) for every subtopic eg. b1.1, b1.2 etc. I read from the text book and make notes.
Day b4, look through past papers and mark scheme to see how you should approach the questions.
Don't work past 5pm the day b4 the exam.
Any questions about biology, feel free to ask. Ill try my best to answer them. If i can't answer them, ask ur teacher.
I can tell you what I got from doing this last year (UMS):

80/80 Biology A* (Saved my overall GCSE grade)
72/80 Chemistry A*
72/80 Physics A*

66/80 Controlled Assessment A
Overall : A*
I'm going to do what I did last year this year. My Controlled assessment results were much better this year so there's less pressure. Good luck! Only 4 more days till the biology exam :smile:
hi i'm struggling with biology and i need help asap i have the exam tommorow could you please help me i think i know all the content but i just think that i'm going to fail and let myself down:frown::frown::smile:
(edited 7 years ago)

Reply 15
Original post by blizza15
hi i'm struggling with biology and i need help asap i have the exam tommorow could you please help me i think i know all the content but i just think that i'm going to fail and let myself down:frown::frown::smile:

Have you practiced on past papers? Make sure you do them and the questions you get wrong revise that whole topic (e.g. menstrual cycle). Also there are some good videos on youtube which can explain it to you if you don't enjoy reading.
Original post by Nihaj
Have you practiced on past papers? Make sure you do them and the questions you get wrong revise that whole topic (e.g. menstrual cycle). Also there are some good videos on youtube which can explain it to you if you don't enjoy reading.

thank you wait r u in year 10 cuz im taking my exam at 1pm im totally scared im going to fail although i got an a in my previous mock
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 17
Original post by blizza15
thank you wait r u in year 10 cuz im taking my exam at 1pm

I did my Biology exam in Y10 but I flopped and got a B. So im retaking it in Y11 now. Hopefully I do much better now.
Original post by Nihaj
I did my Biology exam in Y10 but I flopped and got a B. So im retaking it in Y11 now. Hopefully I do much better now.

yes i wish u all the luck also do you have any predictions
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 19
I'M in year 10 doing biology tomorrow did well in the coursework last year so i'm hoping for it to go well

Quick Reply

Latest