Scroll to see replies

Original post by keres
Hey guys can anyone please help?

s2help.PNG

I have gotten as far as 9X + 3X^2 > 0
But am stuck on how the answer is 1/3
Please help!! xx

:hmmmm2:

If you had R = 9X - X^2 then you'd be looking for P(9X - X^2 - 2X^2 >0) so P(9X - 3X^2) > 0, hence P(3X - X^2> 0), and you get your solutions from there, no?
Reply 81
Original post by SeanFM
:hmmmm2:

If you had R = 9X - X^2 then you'd be looking for P(9X - X^2 - 2X^2 >0) so P(9X - 3X^2) > 0, hence P(3X - X^2> 0), and you get your solutions from there, no?

Ahhh thank you!! Keep doing what you're doing x

(c) So the screen is a rectangle of width 20, represented by X, and height 16, represented by Y.
Draw this out and draw a square of size 4x4 in the centre.

You can see that you want: P ( {8 < X < 12} n {6 < Y < 12} ) because this is where the middle 4x4 square is.

(d) Similar case for this part but with a larger central square (so bigger than the 4x4 square in part c)
Original post by AmarPatel98
(c) So the screen is a rectangle of width 20, represented by X, and height 16, represented by Y.
Draw this out and draw a square of size 4x4 in the centre.

You can see that you want: P ( {8 < X < 12} n {6 < Y < 12} ) because this is where the middle 4x4 square is.

(d) Similar case for this part but with a larger central square (so bigger than the 4x4 square in part c)

Thank you! :smile:
Haven't even properly started revising anything for S2 yet! Apparently it's an easy module (easier than S1) so I'm planning to cram for the next 9 days!
Original post by CutieTootsie
Haven't even properly started revising anything for S2 yet! Apparently it's an easy module (easier than S1) so I'm planning to cram for the next 9 days!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4034107&p=64426231

Would agree that it's easier than S1 :tongue: if you have no exams between now and then.. you can literally get up to a 90~100 UMS standard :lol:
What are the best S2 Past papers you recommend I do? This could include the Edexcel IAL ones as well (Already done the 2016 IAL one)
Also, does anyone have a list of ALL the definitions we need to know for the exams? Preferably the ones that included like advantages and disadvantages of a census and stuff like that. Thank you in advance :smile:
Original post by JammyW15
What are the best S2 Past papers you recommend I do? This could include the Edexcel IAL ones as well (Already done the 2016 IAL one)

For any maths module, the most recent ones are the best past papers to do, then there's solomon etc if you benefit from the extra, more difficult practice.

Also, does anyone have a list of ALL the definitions we need to know for the exams? Preferably the ones that included like advantages and disadvantages of a census and stuff like that. Thank you in advance :smile:

They should all be in the textbook :tongue: I don't think they test anything extra.
Original post by SeanFM
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4034107&p=64426231

Would agree that it's easier than S1 :tongue: if you have no exams between now and then.. you can literally get up to a 90~100 UMS standard :lol:

Well that's amazing! And yes it is my last exam :smile:))))

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NotNotBatman
You have to consider both sides, look at how Q11 is done in this link:

http://www.madasmaths.com/archive/maths_booklets/statistics/rectangular_distribution.pdf

Ah thanks!
Reply 94
Can anyone please tell me which part is critical region?. I know what critical points are but what is critical region. I assume its another name for rejection region???
Original post by M&F
Can anyone please tell me which part is critical region?. I know what critical points are but what is critical region. I assume its another name for rejection region???

Yes, the rejection region of H0H_0

June 2011 was quite annoying in places, but it was my first paper after a long S2 sabbatical.
If you're looking for a challenging one then do one's with low grade boundaries as they should be more difficult. Boundaries below:

https://917c8db4f385e20466384eff57d816b2bed188db.googledrive.com/host/0B1ZiqBksUHNYMVhvRUNrcWJ6LXM/Grade%20Boundaries%20-%20Edexcel%20Maths%20A-level.pdf
Reply 97
Yes, the rejection region of H0H_0

so let say critical points are 3 and 9 then points inbetween 3 and 9 ( 3<x<9) is acceptance region and area outside it is the rejection region?
Original post by M&F
so let say critical points are 3 and 9 then points inbetween 3 and 9 ( 3<x<9) is acceptance region and area outside it is the rejection region?

Yes.
Reply 99
Yes.

thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending