The Student Room Group

House share??

Hello, I'll be starting at ravensbourne uni in September and I've been looking at student accommodation and it's really expensive and have been thinking of getting a house share instead, but can't find any decent ones and was wondering whether anyone was also looking for a house share or has a spare room (I'm pretty tidy) or literally any advice or help because I have no idea what I'm doing.
Maybe contact the student Union or accomm to see if they have a noticeboard or place on the intranet where you can advertise or others are looking? You cna always advertise then have a meetup and discuss if you are compatible via a skype conference.

A lot of people start off in uni accomm, then move out in the second year with friends they made. one of the downsides to houseshare is you are depending on a few people and if you dont get on then theres not a lot you cna do whereas in hall theres hundreds of people.

Hope you get sorted.
Original post by Tina_Jurgiewicz
Hello, I'll be starting at ravensbourne uni in September and I've been looking at student accommodation and it's really expensive and have been thinking of getting a house share instead, but can't find any decent ones and was wondering whether anyone was also looking for a house share or has a spare room (I'm pretty tidy) or literally any advice or help because I have no idea what I'm doing.

Hi Tina,

Congratulations on your offer and see you in September :smile:
As 999Tigger has stated, typically people live on campus for 1st year then move out for 2nd and 3rd once they are comfortable but I understand if finance is an issue. Here is a link to our accommodation help page for further options.
Click Here

Perhaps you will have a better reception from posting into our Ravensbourne forum directly and reach out across to students more directly. If there are still any concerns please email [email protected]

Hope this helps!,
Jay :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending