The Student Room Group
A couple of hours before, not because I finish it then, but because I keep making last-minute edits. The latest I've handed in an assignment is 1 min before it was due #winner
I don't think I've ever handed in an assignment earlier than the day before it's due. Essays I tend to finish the night before it's due. Any other type of work, tends to be the day it's due. Latest I've handed something in was half an hour before the hand in date/time. Kind of wished I had spent just a little longer on it because it wasn't my best work, but I got a good mark so it's alright.
Reply 3
Probably around 1 hour 45 minutes early.
When I was younger I'd turn things in days or even weeks early. Then I lost my motivation. Wish I could get that back, but then again, I write my best essays under pressure (like my UCAS essay, written an hour before the deadline... whoops )
Original post by peanutbuttercup
I tend to hand mine in one hour before the deadline, but the other day I had a new record of being 6 whole hours early.

What's the earliest you've ever handed in an assignment? Be it minutes, hours, days, or weeks...

Probably about a day. Never handed one in later than at least half a day before. I can't handle the stress and worrying of doing it last minute and something going wrong like the internet going down just as I hit send or a rabid squirrel jumping through the window and eating the USB stick or being caught up in a bank heist on my way to the library etc.

I'm the kind of person that shows up at least15 minutes early for the train every single time (30 minutes if it's an advance ticket) and waits on the platform because running through the ticket barriers and jumping on the train last minute is too much for my fragile disposition to handle.
Original post by peanutbuttercup
I tend to hand mine in one hour before the deadline, but the other day I had a new record of being 6 whole hours early.

What's the earliest you've ever handed in an assignment? Be it minutes, hours, days, or weeks...

I made a mistake and completed an assignment a whole term before it was due in however it was a presentation and i had to wait for my slot to actually do it but my proforma was in nice and early.

it was funny the first week or presentations there had been a problem for people getting out of the middle east so most people(my course was 90% QOC students)
didn't have their stuff with them my lecturer was getting a bit annoyed with each person saying they couldn't do it for one reason or another. any way he got to me by this moment in a towering rage and basically yelled at me "WHATS YOUR EXCUSE FO NOT DOING IT".I pointed out due to my mistake that I had been ready since Christmas (I'd told him before)he looked really releaved then told everyone who couldn't or declined the opportunity of doing their presentation because they didn't have it or it wasn't ready that they were capped at 40% for a late submission.
I've only ever handed mine in on the day. In my department, they refuse to accept hand ins before the deadline day as we have to sign to prove we've handed it in, and this is only available on the day
Original post by super_kawaii
I've only ever handed mine in on the day. In my department, they refuse to accept hand ins before the deadline day as we have to sign to prove we've handed it in, and this is only available on the day

:zomg:

*deep breathing*
3 and a half weeks early, 2 weeks early was normal for me.
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
:zomg:

*deep breathing*

It's not as bad as people think. In my 4 year's at uni no one's ever handed in an assignment late. Also deadlines are staggered depending on the country your module covers, so it's not like you have 200 people trying to hand in assignments all at once.

Even if we could hand assignments in early, I'd still hand it in on the hand in day so I have more time to perfect my essay
(edited 7 years ago)
In first year, we got assignments every 2-3 weeks. I handed my first ever one in 3 days early but I wish I hadn't because I found out I had made a mistake on it before the deadline and I couldn't change it. :frown:
Studying Maths, we don't really get assignments (apart from bits of coursework on computers).

The earliest would probably be the night before - the latest, one day I submitted something with 3 minutes to spare. I thought I was 7 minutes late and was struggling to get all the files together and zip them, but the deadline was extended by 10 minutes. Phew.
Never early, always right till the deadline. Edit and re edit. I had a gf and she was amazing with getting it done early. I just think about things too much so I like to meddle and change things.
3 months early.
We had to write a large story that could be about anything you wanted it to be, Guess who already had a 40+ page story to submit the day after it was given out.
I think just over a week, the assignment turned out to be much easier than I thought it would be and I had free time so I just finished it asap.

Original post by AperfectBalance
3 months early.
We had to write a large story that could be about anything you wanted it to be, Guess who already had a 40+ page story to submit the day after it was given out.

That sounds like a good way to get investigated for (self)plagiarism.
Lol, not more than an hour!... might even be 30mins... i always read through until about then regardless of when I’ve finished
Original post by BookBird
A couple of hours before, not because I finish it then, but because I keep making last-minute edits. The latest I've handed in an assignment is 1 min before it was due #winner

Been absolutely on the nose b4
Original post by Kevin De Bruyne
Studying Maths, we don't really get assignments (apart from bits of coursework on computers).

The earliest would probably be the night before - the latest, one day I submitted something with 3 minutes to spare. I thought I was 7 minutes late and was struggling to get all the files together and zip them, but the deadline was extended by 10 minutes. Phew.

Lol, I read files as flies... wondered why you would tell use about being unable to zip your flies... all made sense on the re read

Latest