The Student Room Group

The benefits of celibacy

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sherlockfan
The ignorance and arrogance of people like you who want to impose the conventional lifestyle on everyone else.
but youre probably just a fifteen year old sitting behind a computer so i'm not going to argue anymore :smile:

I think you've got me nailed, there. I am actually a fifteen year old looking to impose orthodox and conventional lifestyles on society. I was going to have a **** and play Call of Duty, but I am on a mission.
Original post by DanteTheDoorKnob
There's a nice comfy spot for you as a cleric in Syria somewhere. If you go now you might make it by the time the millions of unworthy people you are so much better than return to a state of peace.

who says that people have to be celibate for religious reasons?
why don't you educate yourself a bit on the matter before commenting on it? or are you scared at what you might find out?
@Hodor_van_Groot this is the life you gotta look forward too :biggrin:
The ignorance and arrogance of people like you who want to impose the conventional lifestyle on everyone else.
but youre probably just a fifteen year old sitting behind a computer so i'm not going to argue anymore

Honestly a bit of self awareness goes a long way, I didn't exactly pretend to be modest in my comments but that guy is way less arrogant than you are.
Original post by VeniViciVidi
I think you've got me nailed, there. I am actually a fifteen year old looking to impose orthodox and conventional lifestyles on society. I was going to have a **** and play Call of Duty, but I am on a mission.

you think youre so witty dont you.

please dont derail my thread any further. thanks.
Original post by DanteTheDoorKnob
Honestly a bit of self awareness goes a long way, I didn't exactly pretend to be modest in my comments but that guy is way less arrogant than you are.

That's very rich coming from you.

I'm tired now. Maybe in the morning other more rational users might come on and we can have a civilized discussion.

Watch out the Virgin Mary has spoken and your peasant existence is not welcome on this superior thread.
you think youre so witty dont you.

please dont derail my thread any further. thanks.

Let me demonstrate to you where this thread got derailed.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4034207&p=64311699#post64311699

I think your best bet is going back to play The Sims 3, my dear friend. You can live in your fantasy world there.
Let me demonstrate to you where this thread got derailed.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4034207&p=64311699#post64311699

I think your best bet is going back to play The Sims 3, my dear friend. You can live in your fantasy world there.

it would have been a perfectly valid place for discussion if it wasn't for people like you who just want to take the mickey out of others.
Nothing wrong with Sims 3, I don't even know why you have to bring that in. I don't care who knows.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 49
Original post by EllainKahlo
Education is the answer, not celibacy.

I'm with you there all I hear is SEX SEX SEX I'm twenty in a public vocational School like "get over it" Like Master Bernie Mac said "Sex ain't nothing but 50 pumps" -Celibate for 2 months
it would have been a perfectly valid place for discussion if it wasn't for people like you who just want to take the mickey out of others.
Nothing wrong with Sims 3, I don't even know why you have to bring that in.

I win.
I win.

your posts will be deleted by a mod in the morning. so no you have not won.
She is completely nuts. This is just the account of someone who has made some bad decisions both personally and financially.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 53
This story is certainly not a reason for celibacy. It just shows the risks of unprotected sex and not thinking through your decisions. I mean seriously, have sex with a random person and get married a week after? Just have some common sense people.
Sex itself clearly wasn't the issue here for this woman. It was her lack of education and her very poor and rash decision making.

Sex wasn't the problem, she was.
Original post by EllainKahlo
If you think that's ignorance, I've nothing else for you. Considering you questioned my authority on the subject, I didn't feel the need to bring it up before then. I don't care whether you believe me or not since you're proving to me that you don't care about a discussion. I just explained why it may not work for someone else. Are you blind or just choosing to ignore my post before replying? I stand by my comments and gave a thorough example of why celibacy can be a denial, not an answer.

You want to win, but there is no prize. This is a discussion, not a competition and you are not 'winning' anything with a weakly argued stance on a vast subject. How do you expect to convince people of your position with a poorly explained argument and pathetic 'But I want to win!' attitude? Why exactly do you care so much about people being celibate? How does it affect you and why do you want to promote it unless you are personally connected to that choice?

Spot on.

Shocking to see these frankly childish, aggressive responses and cognitive dissonance from a user who from my past experience is usually nice to talk to and able to have a discussion...but apparently not on this topic.
what are you trying to say with that? it doesnt answer anything.

What are the negative effects of not having an active sex life? None. What are the negative effects of not eating or drinking? You die.

Negative effect of not having sex? The species dies out.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No sex is a need for the survival of humanity however in terms of is it needed for an individual? No, it is not a need. If you stopped breathing, you would die, if you stopped sleeping you would eventually die, if you stopped eating you would die soon but if you've never had sex before and remained a virgin for the rest of your life- you would die as a virgin but being a virgin wouldn't be the cause of your death unlike starvation. Plus remember not everyone desires sex i.e Asexuals. They do however need to breathe and eat.
Original post by SophieSmall
Spot on.

Shocking to see these frankly childish, aggressive responses and cognitive dissonance from a user who from my past experience is usually nice to talk to and able to have a discussion...but apparently not on this topic.

I thought the very same and was shocked that they are refusing to have a debate on a matter they posted.

Trying to 'win' a debate at the expense of learning something from the event is petty. This user has spent zero time explaining their argument and simply wants people to agree with them. The minute you've made it clear you're incapable of listening, I'm out. There's no need for passive aggression, as I said, this is a discussion, not an attack or a competition. And they certainly haven't convinced me of anything worthwhile with this thread
Original post by Cherry82
No sex is a need for the survival of humanity however in terms of is it needed for an individual? No, it is not a need. If you stopped breathing, you would die, if you stopped sleeping you would eventually die, if you stopped eating you would die soon but if you've never had sex before and remained a virgin for the rest of your life- you would die as a virgin but being a virgin wouldn't be the cause of your death unlike starvation. Plus remember not everyone desires sex i.e Asexuals. They do however need to breathe and eat.

While I of course don't see sex anywhere near the basic needs of food, water and air.

A healthy sex life has been linked to longer life span. Also those who are celibate have higher incidences of anxiety and depression.

Quick Reply