The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

can't remember my prims, although 860 does sound familar again. but t was so huge, yeh maybe 264 and y=3/2? P = 150 anyone remember z?
Reply 21
z was 48? I seem to remember 48. But yes, all those other numbers are exactly what I got. I remember x and s being 0. And z was a basic variable and I'm so sure it was 48.
Reply 22
Armenian89
can't remember my prims, although 860 does sound familar again. but t was so huge, yeh maybe 264 and y=3/2? P = 150 anyone remember z?

Yep all of that is correct, i think z was 48.
Reply 23
Sounds like we've all done okay! How did people do on the network flow? You had to use backflow twice in order to get 19.
Reply 24

Does anyone know roughly how much the flows in networks and critical path questions were worth.
anyones scheduling go horribly wrong? how many workers did you get for lower bound 4? what were your critical activites? AEHKL? or something like that
Reply 26
I remember the lower bound being 4 but you needed 5 workers?
Reply 27
Gamaya
I remember the lower bound being 4 but you needed 5 workers?

yep thats what i did!
Reply 28

Does anyone know roughly how much the flows in networks and critical path questions were worth!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply 29
Flows in networks would have been about 9 altogether, critical path about 5. So about 14?
Reply 30
i think the actual flow question was 5 marks and 3 for finding the cuts?
Reply 31
Ah but then you had to prove your flow was maximal?
Reply 32
yeah which was 2 marks i think...
Reply 33

For the first part of the simplex questions, were the inequalities less than or, less than or equal to??? That part confused me!!
Reply 34
Less than or equal to. So thats why you have slack variables. To make them only equal to. (Slack variables could potentially = 0).
Reply 35
Gamaya
Less than or equal to. So thats why you have slack variables. To make them only equal to. (Slack variables could potentially = 0).

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also could the objective objective function be written in the form P - Ax - By - Cy = D , or did the coefficients have to be positive? i'm sorry for all these stupid questions!
Reply 36
It would have to be written as P = (+)x + (+)y + (+)z
Reply 37
I wasn't sure so i put it both ways :s-smilie:
Reply 38
Gamaya
It would have to be written as P = (+)x + (+)y + (+)z

Did they say that?
Reply 39
No, that's what objective functions are written as. Check past mark schemes, too.

Latest