The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
I think my D1 is not very well.I hope to get an A.I think it will have a bad effect in my application to Cambrige.myGod.I don't want to write this score on the application paper.Cambridge wants your modular score:frown:
Reply 61
Dont worry yolanda, they wont mind about one module!!
For the prims algorithm, did people get around 860?? I am remembering that number for some reason :p:
Do you reckon anyone can get a hold of the paper?
Reply 62
I got 860, yeah.
Reply 63
oh yay :biggrin: Im liking this thread :biggrin: its making mea bit more confident, except the simplex, im not so sure i got the same as you lot :s: I remember getting110 and 11 2/3 for something.... but im sure i did it ok :s: Ah well :rolleyes:
Reply 64

I think the other guy who said 164, was talking about the route inspection problem.

Z was 48 not -40.
Reply 65
Yeah, one backflow going down (10)
and the other backflow going up (2)

Prims, I got 864, not 860 :frown:
Reply 66
so did my two friends who both argued that I was wrong, but I can't see how because 860 was feasible and is less than 864.
Reply 67

It WAS 860. The first round i did that i got 864, but i accidently chose 214 instead of 210 (which probable explains why your difference from the correct answer was only 4), but then i did it again and i got 860, which WAS feesible.
Reply 68
It's 860.I also got that:smile:
Reply 69
Who knows :p: I cant remember which i put, i know it ws around 860 ;yes;
Ah well nothing we can do about it now, but wait for results!!
Reply 70
John.
It WAS 860. The first round i did that i got 864, but i accidently chose 214 instead of 210 (which probable explains why your difference from the correct answer was only 4), but then i did it again and i got 860, which WAS feesible.

yay! I actually originally got 900+ or something because I had got used to only looking for small numbers that were 200+ and I completely missed the 100! Lucky I went back and checked!!
Reply 71
hey guys u know for the simplex question...if u remember the operational row for finding profit on the 2nd table was.....+1 or sumthing
Reply 72
can't remember the exact row operations i used, but I know I ended up with P = 150, x = 0, t = 264, y = 1.5, z = 48, and s and r were 0 too. This is also what most of the people here got, too.
philipwen
hey guys u know for the simplex question...if u remember the operational row for finding profit on the 2nd table was.....+1 or sumthing

I remember doing that and thinking 'thank god', seeing as some of the previous operations were horrible.
Reply 74
hahaha yea but i remember first pivot 6 ...n seond pheta value there was only 2 to choose from
Reply 75
Gamaya
Couldnt' say, but in the past it's been around 55/75 for an A.

No! its usually much lower than this ~ 47-51. Last year it was only so high (56) because there was a misprint in the paper for an 11 mark simplex question making it insolvable, and in the next question the direction of flow drawn in the paper was different to the one drawn in the answer booklet which could have screwed you up about another 12 marks, so edexcel heavily subsidised marks, meaning that the grade coundaries were high as they gave people marks for attempting the 11 mark simplex, even though they may have gotten it wrong if there was no misprint.
sng
No! its usually much lower than this ~ 47-51. Last year it was only so high (56) because there was a misprint in the paper for an 11 mark simplex question making it insolvable, and in the next question the direction of flow drawn in the paper was different to the one drawn in the answer booklet which could have screwed you up about another 12 marks, so edexcel heavily subsidised marks, meaning that the grade coundaries were high as they gave people marks for attempting the 11 mark simplex, even though they may have gotten it wrong if there was no misprint.

if the boundaries are this low I dread to think what I got in order to get a low B in the jan paper!
I have hope of getting an A now
Reply 77
melissabee
if the boundaries are this low I dread to think what I got in order to get a low B in the jan paper!
I have hope of getting an A now

Well, you needed 39 for a C and 45 for a B, so somewhere in between the two
Reply 78
Did anyone else completely miss Question 1, and start writing the answer to Question 2 in the answer space for Q1? I only realised when I got to Q3 and it said 'fill in the table' and I thought, where's the table?

Bloody Edexcel leaving half a page of space just to answer a two mark sentance.

Anyways, I know now that i also screwed up the Simplex (I got P=60 something :x). I completely forgot about taking the modulus for the value of theta, but I think I only lost between 2-3 marks because it was a carry-through error. Didn't have time to check, wasted 5 minutes at the end re-writing Q2.

Altogether, I feel confident for an A. :smile:
Reply 79
i did the same minimax.
stupid edexcel.blame them and hope they will lower grade boundaries. i mucked up exam. soo annoyed, considering that i was getting over 90% doing mock papers.

Latest