The Student Room Group

Joining navy with a medical cadetship/scholarship

Hi there,

I am interested in becoming a medical officer in the Royal Navy. For other people who have been through the process, I was wondering:

Firstly when did you apply to join the navy/receive the scholarship?
Secondly, do you have to go to a uni with a university royal navy unit?

Thank youu
From what I've read, you apply during your 2nd year of uni and receive the scholarship from 3rd year onwards.
You can go to any UK uni
Reply 2
Original post by gurdeep410
From what I've read, you apply during your 2nd year of uni and receive the scholarship from 3rd year onwards.
You can go to any UK uni

Thank you very much!
Are you in the navy?
The Navy will snap your arm off if you want to join as a medical officer. TSR is not the best place to ask, the navy have a dedicated medical recruitment team who are extremely experienced and will have answers to all of your questions. I recommend you call them, they will also put you in communications with a senior medical officer who will help answer any questions/doubts/personal insight you have. All your questions will be answered definitively within 3 minutes if you give them a call, and you can even start the application process.

Any reason why you want to join the Navy and not Army or RAF?
Reply 4
Original post by Kevlar123
The Navy will snap your arm off if you want to join as a medical officer. TSR is not the best place to ask, the navy have a dedicated medical recruitment team who are extremely experienced and will have answers to all of your questions. I recommend you call them, they will also put you in communications with a senior medical officer who will help answer any questions/doubts/personal insight you have. All your questions will be answered definitively within 3 minutes if you give them a call, and you can even start the application process.

Any reason why you want to join the Navy and not Army or RAF?

I tried contacting them several times but no one really knew anything about it and so i didnt get any concrete answers.

What do you mean they'll snap my arm off if i wanna join as a medical officer?

Quick Reply

Latest