The Student Room Group

Have you ever sneaked food/drink into the cinema

Scroll to see replies

Everytime. I go in with popcorn, drinks and anything else that I want. I've even taken in Mcdonalds cause it's right next to the cinema. I just put it all in a bag and they've never said anything or tried to search my bag.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 61
Every time ! My friend literally bought chicken and chips inside 😂.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 62
Original post by loveleest
I thought people did this all the time lmao?
I had chicken and chips in cinema last time :biggrin:

SAME!😂😂😂.

Posted from TSR Mobile
A sneaky bag of popcorn is nothing. I once went on holiday with a group of friends to an apartment we'd hired, for 8 people. There were 9 of us, so we spent a whole week sneaking the extra lad past the tyrant on the reception desk.
Original post by celloel
the pictures
pictures

are you my granddad
that is so cute

:colonhash:
I don't even try to hide it. I just walk straight in there with my huge tesco/sainsubury carrier bags whilst everybody else suffers with their 1 box of pic&mix because that was all they could afford at the cinema :tongue:
A lot of cinemas allow you to bring your own cold food.

I took a bottle of prosecco and 2 glasses into the cinema last time I went. A member of staff came in and stared at us from the aisle but then decided against doing anything.

They have really good night vision cameras at my cinema so people who think they are being really sneaky probably aren't. The staff can see what you're up to but choose not to enforce.
There's no need to sneak food in, most cinemas allow you to bring your own food but if they don't, the staff aren't going to find out

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by the bear
:colonhash:

aww no it's cutie
Original post by surina16
I don't even try to hide it. I just walk straight in there with my huge tesco/sainsubury carrier bags whilst everybody else suffers with their 1 box of pic&mix because that was all they could afford at the cinema :tongue:

Have you really never been stopped with a supermarket bag? The least I do is put it in my backpack until I get inside and then take my food out when I'm in my seat, haha. I never buy from the concession stand unless my mum insists on getting popcorn, which rarely happens.
Who doesn't. Cinema food and drink are so overpriced. I'd rather buy my own popcorn and drink elsewhere for a fraction of the price.
Pringles and coke, I ain't paying the silly cinema prices but ssshhh don't tell anyone
Speaking of sneaking things into the cinema - has anyone actually had their bag searched? My local cinema used to do it routinely for everyone who walks through the door - they said it was to look for camera equipment but initially they would also refuse to let customers take in food bought from outside. Then they relaxed the food rule but were still searching bags for cameras. This was a few years ago but they've since had a lot of complaints from parents with young children and have now stopped searching bags (at least I think they have - I haven't been there in nearly a year)! :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest