Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

AQA GCE A2 FREN3 & FRE4V French 2016 Exam

Announcements Posted on
Why bother with a post grad? Are they even worth it? Have your say! 26-10-2016

Since the all important exams are coming up, i though I'd make a thread so any who's doing these exams can post and we can collectively help each other out.

Useful links
    Specification: http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects...95-W-SP-14.PDF
    Previous past papers: http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/langu...d-mark-schemes
    Grade boundaries:
    For the speaking, the grade boundaries are ALWAYS the same. For A*, A, B, and C - 46/50, 43/50, 38/50, 33/50. 50/50 is the threshold for full UMS marks.
    For the FREN3 exam, grade boundaries can be found here: http://www.aqa.org.uk/exams-administ...t-marks-to-ums

Comment on the thread so I can know who else is doing the exam. Comment also on what Film & Book you ate studying.

Hey, you should post this in the Foreign languages study help forum (you've posted in the universities forum). Good luck with your exams!

Good idea, there's not many other threads for A2 French! Has anyone got any predictions for the speaking exam cards? My teacher is insisting that wealth and poverty won't come up, but I really don't know...

Hi! The book my class is studying is un sac de billes and our film is les choristes😊 I'm feeling so nervous about the speaking exam, I hope my card will be on the environment I think. I'm also retaking AS because I didn't quite get what I wanted, the speaking for that is so much easier this year haha!

Hi, I'm actually re-taking A2 French but I'm really struggling to stay motivated. I got a C overall last year but I want a B this year, Last year I got B in speaking but D in writing. I really messed up in the writing and and reading sections.

How do any of you practice grammar and translation?

any predictions of the a2 essay titles?
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 30, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

I want...

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.