The Student Room Group
Reply 1
yeees am too tho its 2589 - lenin. any1 know where we can get past papers? checked prior and there aren't any there for this unit.
Reply 2
woops, ignore the past paper request *waits for tsr people to get mad*
Reply 3
yeah i'm doing it. anglo-german relations. which topic are you doing?
Reply 4
Charlemagne, and dreading it. All my mocks have been C's with one B for this paper, have been taught the technique badly. Any tips for the 45 marks essay (q 2 or 3).

I know intro involved outlining debate, presenting both sides of arguement of factor in q.

What should paragraphs be, should a paragraph focus on one theme and then deconstruct that theme?
Reply 5
I'm doing Gladstone & Disraeli. Way better at this than I am at the synoptic, so hopefully it'll go well on friday.

To reply to John Heskins, it depends alot of the question. You can have questions which need you to answer in themes, or ones which ask for a two sided argument (personally, I find that my unit is mainly two sided argument). Throwing a couple of historians names in for good measure is always a good way to boost your marks.
Reply 6
I'm guessing this is where I come in as my history exam's on Friday :biggrin: Nazi Germany for me :s-smilie: I've hardly done any revision as I've been concentrating on Psychology and I'm so so so screwed!
Reply 7
I'm doing the Development of the Cold War in Europe. The questions that come up are usually fairly straight-forward, and I think that I know most of the information necessary. Hopefully it'll go well. Good luck to eveyrbody else.
Reply 8
With the Charlemagne questions they have thrown up some real stinkers in the past few years.
-CBee-
I'm doing Gladstone & Disraeli. Way better at this than I am at the synoptic, so hopefully it'll go well on friday.

To reply to John Heskins, it depends alot of the question. You can have questions which need you to answer in themes, or ones which ask for a two sided argument (personally, I find that my unit is mainly two sided argument). Throwing a couple of historians names in for good measure is always a good way to boost your marks.

hoping to get an essay on foreign policy and the 1867 ref act on passages

:rolleyes:
Reply 10
No offence, but I hope you're wrong about foreign policy :biggrin: heh heh. I'd like something on Disraeli's contribution to Conservatism or the 1868-74 ministry. I doubt I'll get my wish though
Reply 11
Anyone got any tips for the source question?
Reply 12
^Don't deal with each source seperately like a shopping list, write an essay using the sources so that they form part of your arguements. Mention interpretations in reference to the sources and any further gems from your own knowledge. Beyond that, don't panic :tongue:!
Well.. I was doing Philip II and i think *hope* it went well...it wasn't that bad cos over the last week I've done so many philip essays...:P
Reply 14
JohnHeskins
Charlemagne, and dreading it. All my mocks have been C's with one B for this paper, have been taught the technique badly. Any tips for the 45 marks essay (q 2 or 3).

Another Charlemagne person! great, a bit late now but anyways.
how do you think the exam went? three post 800 questions, when it came up twice last year. my class were bargining it wouldn't come up.

I think the exam could have been a lot worse, i would have died if the chruch or govt came up, but a wars question would have been great!

hope it went well for you!
Reply 15
I did Cromwell, really good questions this year I thought.

The key focus of this exam was historiography, and I managed to quote about 10 historians which should have been beneficial. Fingers crossed!
Reply 16
JH08
I did Cromwell, really good questions this year I thought.

The key focus of this exam was historiography, and I managed to quote about 10 historians which should have been beneficial. Fingers crossed!

10!!! i quoted 1 i think! however i did include a lot of historiography!
Reply 17
The OCR mark scheme said that you don't even have to refer to specific historians, just citing Whigs, Marxists, Revisionist schools etc is enough to get band 1.

The term they used was "fragments of historiography" so we should all be fine on that one.

The way I did it was learning 15 quotes about Cromwell off by heart, and in the days leading up to the exam I had people firing names of historians at me, so by the night before I was able to reel off the quote, which helped alot.

I wouldn't worry, I just re-read the OCR mark scheme and it seems to hint that so long as you mention a few of the schools here and there, you get put in the A band (assuming you back them up of course :p:)

Good luck! :smile:
Considering how badly taught I was for that paper, I thougt it went well. Philip II- the one about absoloute imperialism was a bit of a gift!
Reply 19
Loulabell
Another Charlemagne person! great, a bit late now but anyways.
how do you think the exam went? three post 800 questions, when it came up twice last year. my class were bargining it wouldn't come up.

I think the exam could have been a lot worse, i would have died if the chruch or govt came up, but a wars question would have been great!

hope it went well for you!

Thought it went okay, did the question on impact of coronation. Was hoping for a question on culture and learning or importance of the church.

Latest

Trending

Trending