The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
i think they will!!
Reply 21
what you guys think will happen to grade boundaries...up or down??..or (same)
Reply 22
up for sure. the paper was straight forward
Reply 23
module 2 paper was a fairly good paper.

Question 1: what effect a catalyst has; I said it increases the rate of reaction ... is tht right?

Question 2: I dont know why Titanium is expenisve to extract, I put it is abudent and Na was a expensive raw materials. ???? Also got confused on what a Reducing Agent is; I wrote Electron pair accepter ... i know its wrong

Question 3: Erm i got 0 kjmol-1 ... don't know how but I used the Equation (Products - Reactants) ... Is that right ???

Question 4: Equilibria ... For the oxidation states did you get +5 both times???

Question 5: Halogens ... Only didnt know what the role of Br was, I guessed Oxidising Agent and the last 7 marker was a bit wierd ???

On the whole hopefully will get a low A high B ...
grade boundaries hardly ever go up....they either saty the same or go down
Reply 25
YOU GUESSED RIGHT :smile:..lol..and i dont think i got 5+ for both...not sure..5+ for one of them though..i dont think 0 kj mol is right..but like me your likely to get the first mark :smile:
Maestor
it does i know lol..i hope they accept both dilute and conc though

doubt it, if its sparingly soluble some will be left making it hard to observe the change, and the question is about observations. :frown:
Reply 27
i was going to put conc aswell :frown:..i seen both dilute and conc used in past papers..so just chose one..o well
Temp doesn't change Ea right? Also I got the bloody standard enthalpy of formation equation wrong because I'm a ******... dunno why I didn't just do the simple and obvious thing o2+n2+h2 then balance probably because I can't picture it in my head making an acid :P. I made up some stupid crap like
H20+NO2-->HNO2

But yeah rest of it, pretty sure I beasted it.
Reply 29
can anyone rememeber the half equations???
Reply 30
Maestor
can anyone rememeber the half equations???

I think I got this (if this is the right question)

2I(-) -> I2 + 2e-
SO4(2-) + 4H(+) + 2e- -> SO2 + 2H2O
Reply 31
Not sure if i got the half equations but

2I- -> I2 + 2e-
SO42- + 4H+ + 2e- -> SO2 + 2H20

Sorry if they're a bit hard to read, anyone know if they're right?
yup they are
Reply 33
I got 5+ both times on the question about the oxidation states, I think I put concentrated ammonia... looking through the rest of your answers, it looks like I got everything else wrong :biggrin:
Reply 34
lol...OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! AHH! thats why...this is soo bad..cant believe i put H2SO4..thats why it was confusing..1/3..again lol..ARGH!
I think you might get it with H2so4 + 2H+

gotta have the H+ though to balance the charges

yeah the cold water is probably necessary because theres two conditions and if one is steam the other obviously wont be just water, as they wouldnt give 2 marks for that... bleh.

Was it 4 marks in total the water/steam + metal one?
Reply 36
ya it was...hopefully they accept H2SO4...(EVERYY MARK!!!!! lol)
Reply 37
oh...in previous markscheme ive seen that Ar is also used to prevent Ti reacting with O2 or N2..aswell as TiCl4...would this matter..???
Reply 38
i asked my chemistry teacher and he said the answer is:
1/2 H2 + 1/2 N2 + 3/2 O2 ---> HNO3
not: H2 + N2 + 3O2 ---> 2HNO3 because the question asks you to make one mole of HNO3 not 2 moles.

and i got the hell cycle question wrong aswell :frown: i got -36 (something like that) coz i done the whole cycle wrong! It was worth 4 marks! GRRRR! Apart from that the paper was the best i could imagine!

Oh and in the mark schemes i've seen they allow both H2SO4 or SO4(2-) in the half equations so you will have got the marks either way!
Reply 39
YIPPPIE!! lol..(thx)

Latest