The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Hairy
anyone remember the exact questions for these cos i cant remember what i put, but those numbers sound familiar. All i remember is that there were 22 rbc in the picture thingy and the question about the percentage the section we were supposed to calculate took 1.5 sectors of the pie chart
overall i found it not bad though like some people said, a few questions were ambigious

It showed the diluted results; which they said was 1/1000th times smaller than the undiluted results. They also said it was only 0.004mm^3

So, you'd take 22x1000, to get undiluted, then x1000 again to get 4mm^3, then /4 to get 1mm^3.

22x1000=22000
=> 22000x1000=22000000
=> 22000000/4=5500000mm^3
Reply 61
That Biology test seemed to be easier than any I'd done in the past. It might have been a bit down to the revision the night before and morning, but it seemed to go better than past papers I've tried in the past when there are some questions that I just couldn't face because they were so daunting lol.

I predicted myself about a C (terrible for an ss student I know), but I think I got a B from the exam if I'm lucky.
A dodgy question was the stomach/small intestine one because if you got the first part wrong you lost 5 marks on the next page :confused:
I think that the cross went near the small intestine and you had to talk about bile emulsifying fats and lipase added by the pancreas :confused: but don't know if im right????
Reply 63
^thast what i did to!
Reply 64
I think I probably got about 80 marks, that's just a guess :|
My fault for not revising properly but oh well.
I hope i didnt drop more than 30 i think i know i definetley dropped 4 though with the Kidney transplant. I also think I dropped 3 on the emphysema one as I explained why he was working bad instead of the other guy working better.
I hope they accept converse!
for the thing about the bacteria could you say amino acids and fatty acids>:s-smilie:

i didnt know there was a question about the carbon cycle i thought it only mentioned the nitrogen cycle-right?

:confused:
Reply 67
Fraid not, the question also included the recycling of carbon but you may have been able to pick up most of the marks on the nitrogen part of the question. For the bacteria question i put protein and glucose, but i cant really see anything wrong with your answers, except i would find it quite difficult to say why thet needed fats
Mth15
Fraid not, the question also included the recycling of carbon but you may have been able to pick up most of the marks on the nitrogen part of the question. For the bacteria question i put protein and glucose, but i cant really see anything wrong with your answers, except i would find it quite difficult to say why thet needed fats

:frown: i did go into depth though

do you remember if the question was one of those where you got 1 mark for quality of communication?
Reply 69
/\

I think it was, yeah.
Reply 70
I personally thought it was a hard paper....especially compared 2 last year....last year's paper was more knowledge based whereas this one was more common sense....and i dnt have any common sense what so ever! :|....where were all the core topics like nervous system, circularatory system or the eye?!?!?!.....plus the end question threw me a bit as well!
pfft the kidney question shook me a bit, i wrote about radiation of white blood cells insted of the bone marrow! and insted of immuno suppresive drugs i wrote "specific drugs"...hope my examiner is kind :frown: i think they shud defo lower the grade boundaries...

Latest