The Student Room Group

Do I apply for a student bank account before or after applying for finance?

I've applied for finance already but I don't know if I need to open a student bank account before getting it. My student finance application has been accepted so should I open a student bank account ASAP? Also if you could recommend a bank to open it with I would appreciate it.
Original post by ILikePasta
I've applied for finance already but I don't know if I need to open a student bank account before getting it. My student finance application has been accepted so should I open a student bank account ASAP? Also if you could recommend a bank to open it with I would appreciate it.

The majority of banks wont let you open an account until you can show them an unconditional ucas letter. It depends what overdraft you want which bank to go with really, some have extras such as a railcard but otherwise there aren't major differences between banks.
Reply 2
Original post by ILikePasta

You can enter your bank account details on your SF application, at any time. You just need to get your new student account details on the system gefore your first payment is due.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending