The Student Room Group

Motivation for revision???

First exam is 3 weeks and 2 days away... and I haven't started revision because I keep procrastinating. I know I should put the effort but I don't know how to revise effectively... :frown: Help anyone?
Reply 1
Original post by aliceharmer15
First exam is 3 weeks and 2 days away... and I haven't started revision because I keep procrastinating. I know I should put the effort but I don't know how to revise effectively... :frown: Help anyone?

i have the same problems i just dont want to do anything but in the back of my head i know i should revise. good luck with you exams:smile:
Reply 2
Original post by djmans
i have the same problems i just dont want to do anything but in the back of my head i know i should revise. good luck with you exams:smile:

What grades are you working at?
Original post by akawais
What grades are you working at?

All A*s... I'm a good student and that's what I'm expected to get by teachers and parents... I just don't know how to revise to get the grades...
Original post by djmans

Thanks, you too!
Reply 5
Original post by aliceharmer15
All A*s... I'm a good student and that's what I'm expected to get by teachers and parents... I just don't know how to revise to get the grades...

I'm working at Cs without revision. :frown:
I want an A and the rest Bs.
Reply 6
Original post by akawais
I'm working at Cs without revision. :frown:
I want an A and the rest Bs.

hoping to get B's or c's depending on the papers, just praying so the papers are a bit easier like jan16.
Original post by djmans
hoping to get B's or c's depending on the papers, just praying so the papers are a bit easier like jan16.

Yeah same... but I guess seeing as they were easy then, they'll be a lot harder now with lower grade boundaries. Not sure if that is a good or a bad thing tbh. Any predictions on what the 6 markers questions will be for bio chem or phys?
Reply 8
Try finding a method of revision that you enjoy. Writing notes for hours on end will get boring so try doing a creative method of revision. Mind maps and revision posters can be effective as they are fun to do and help you study. Also try incorporating colour into your revision as it will help you remember key details.
To prevent procrastinating, turn off all electronics and put them somewhere out of sight. If you can't resist using your electronics, ask a parent/carer or other family member to keep them whilst you study.
Also take 10 minute breaks every 40-50 minutes, to grab a snack or de-stress.
just imagine yourself on results day if you opened the envelope and didn't get the grades you want , thats what i do and it motivates me to revise :smile: good luck
Original post by xholmolx
Try finding a method of revision that you enjoy. Writing notes for hours on end will get boring so try doing a creative method of revision. Mind maps and revision posters can be effective as they are fun to do and help you study. Also try incorporating colour into your revision as it will help you remember key details.
To prevent procrastinating, turn off all electronics and put them somewhere out of sight. If you can't resist using your electronics, ask a parent/carer or other family member to keep them whilst you study.
Also take 10 minute breaks every 40-50 minutes, to grab a snack or de-stress.

Thank you so much, the tip on electronics sounds hard but effective! XX
Original post by jazz_xox_
just imagine yourself on results day if you opened the envelope and didn't get the grades you want , thats what i do and it motivates me to revise :smile: good luck

Yaass it is already working!!!! Thank youuu xx

Quick Reply

Latest