The Student Room Group

Higher english drama questions

Does anyone have any examples of drama questions from past papers/specimen papers or just any examples? I'm trying to plan for as many as i can. Also, does anyone have an predictions about what will come up this year for the drama section?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Original post by alana_p
Does anyone have any examples of drama questions from past papers/specimen papers or just any examples? I'm trying to plan for as many as i can. Also, does anyone have an predictions about what will come up this year for the drama section?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think maybe a turning point question or something about a main character making a vital error.

As for questions the ones I have come across from the top of my head are:

Scene of conflict

A character experiencing isolation

Love

Opening scenes introducing central concerns

Tension created at beginning

These are the ones I came across and I am preparing for (as well as poetry and hoping for my poetry question to come up so I can write on that instead).

:smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Jeff548
I think maybe a turning point question or something about a main character making a vital error.

As for questions the ones I have come across from the top of my head are:

Scene of conflict

A character experiencing isolation

Love

Opening scenes introducing central concerns

Tension created at beginning

These are the ones I came across and I am preparing for (as well as poetry and hoping for my poetry question to come up so I can write on that instead).

:smile:

Thanks! Ive studied a drama text and three prose texts, but I definitely dont feel comfortable with writing an essay on prose.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by alana_p
Thanks! Ive studied a drama text and three prose texts, but I definitely dont feel comfortable with writing an essay on prose.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No problem

I have been told recently that using the formula:

Comment, quote, this shows.... is VERY bad and that I should introduce quotes mid-sentence. I can do this for poetry but struggle like hell for drama. I don't suppose you could help or give a formula to do this?

Like in poetry for example I would say "Examples of geological and geographical jargon like .... and .... seem incongruous to poetry, but Peter Reading uses this lexis in order to stress the age and wonder of Marsden Bay."

How the hell am I supposed to do this for Drama??? I am genuinely stuck and would appreciate a formula if you have one. Like do you do context quote and explain or ?????

As you can see, I am hoping to god that I can write on poetry in the exam!
Reply 4
I use pcqae. First you make the point, so give an example and kinda answer the first part of the question and then say if it's a use of characterisation/theme/conflict/stage direction etc. The context, so explain what's happening prior to the quote then the quote and analysis and evaluation.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by alana_p
I use pcqae. First you make the point, so give an example and kinda answer the first part of the question and then say if it's a use of characterisation/theme/conflict/stage direction etc. The context, so explain what's happening prior to the quote then the quote and analysis and evaluation.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh, thanks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending