The Student Room Group
Graduate, University of Stirling
University of Stirling

Nursing accommodation at stirling university

I'm accepted a conditional offer to study adult nursing at stirling in September and I'm currently applying for accommodation however I'm confused; i have the option to choose 39 weeks or 54 (might not be exact). What should i pick ? And how long is year 1 for nursing students ?
As a nursing student your in all year however you get 7 weeks off. I'm going into this year as well and I'm going for the 39 week cause then you can go private accommodation
Graduate, University of Stirling
University of Stirling
Original post by Rebecca.orr
I'm accepted a conditional offer to study adult nursing at stirling in September and I'm currently applying for accommodation however I'm confused; i have the option to choose 39 weeks or 54 (might not be exact). What should i pick ? And how long is year 1 for nursing students ?

As a nursing student, you're in Stirling all year. It doesn't really matter which option you choose since you can just move into a private let in June if you pick the shorter tenancy. Also don't get your hopes up for getting your choice of accommodation, I put all campus flats on my application and was given Union Street, even after phoning and saying I didn't want off-campus accommodation. They tend to try and put all the student nurses together in the Union Street or Lower Bridge Street flats so they're in walking distance of the bus and train stations to get to placement.
Reply 3
Original post by Rebecca.orr

Hi I am in the same postition as you firmly accepted Stirling, are you thinking to stay at the John Fory's court?
Yeah. Ive applied and got my room already 😃😃
Reply 5
I haven't applied for accomodation yet as I am waiting for an offer for Queen's although I'll probably still pick Stirling as I haven't heard many good things about the staff at Queens. Does anyone have any images of John Forty's Court as this is where the nursing students are meant to be staying this year?

Also how do you apply as a group because my friend has applied for accommodation but there was no option for a group...?
Type in john fortys 2016-2017 on facebook
Also i just typed in john fortys hall in on youtube and it came up the halls
Reply 8
Looks like I'm going to miss my car next year 😢 Are the buses excessive? Also any tips along the way would be greatly appreciated about the accomodation and course? 👍
Reply 9
I'm going to miss my car next year by the luck of things😢 Is the transport excessive does anyone have any ideas? Any tips along the way would also be greatly appreciated also 👍
Original post by Immlbt
I'm going to miss my car next year by the luck of things😢 Is the transport excessive does anyone have any ideas? Any tips along the way would also be greatly appreciated also 👍

When you're at uni a 4 week bus pass is around £27 which will get you between uni and town as many times as you want. Placement costs will vary depending on where you are, but you'll usually need a 4-week student bus pass which is about £70 (you need to order a First Student ID card from their website for this price or it will be £90). If there's anything else you want to know, let me know :smile:
Reply 11
aw i'm relieved i'm not the only one with questions and nerves XD. I have firmly accepted to study adult nursing this sept 2018, my condition is to get a B so i'm working hard towards it :smile:, glad to see so much eager nursing students too ^_^. Good luck everyone!! do your best :smile:.

P.S I'm thinking of applying to john fortys accommodation too, was recommended by a few staff on the applicant days that that's the best accommodation for nursing students, because of the access to public transport :smile:. I wanted to stay on campus and go to willow court T_T I liked the big rooms and moderness of the rooms. But maybe I dodged a bullet there because its expensive af XD plus why make things difficult for yourself eh ^_^

Good luck everyone, hopefully see a few faces this sept coming :biggrin:
Hiya! I’m doing nursing also. I originally picked the longer option due to the course running into the summer. However around this time last yea Romany of us who picked the longer option were sent an email saying we could shorten the contract length to 42 weeks meaning we would need to leave on the last weekend of the course however with the shorter contract length you would t need to find a private landlord who would be willing to let you move in sooner rather than later as you wouldn’t have anywhere to stay if you didn’t find somewhere. All in all the longer one is probably a lot more beneficial for a first year student and you could be offered the chance later on to shorten the contract to suit the course length

Quick Reply

Latest