The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bsbnah
This is from the top of my head but i think for this question you should start off with marx believinv capitalism is exploitive then refer to the scientific study of the laws in history he took along with engles then the 4 stages he found and how every society has conflicts; primitive communism - scarcity of materials, slaves + masters, Fuedalism - serfs + landowners and lastly, capitalism - bourgeoisie + proletariat. Then talk about how there will be a workers revolution which will safeguard any counter-rev from the bourgeoisie as the proletariat will become conscious of their exploitation and so the last stage of society will occur - communism and this is where everyone will be rewarded according to their willingness to help and work in society equally and then you can link the conflict between bourgeoisie and proletariat to say that thats the reason capitalism will fail as every other society has failed

I hope this helped, its very brief but you get the gist :smile:

Aw thank you yes that did! So would it be split into 3 paragraphs or only 2?
Reply 441
Original post by BeaGomes
Aw thank you yes that did! So would it be split into 3 paragraphs or only 2?

It depends on how you wanna write it haha, you could actually do para 1; the whole study on history para 2; the 4 stages para 3; the revolution & capitalism OR para 1; study on history & the stages para 2; revolution & capitalism :smile:
Reply 442
Im doing unit 3c and 4c the american politics, and its quite a lot of content to remember. are there any topics within elections and voting I could afford to miss out?
How do you structure the 45 markers
Is it similar to AS?
Reply 444
Anyone got a model answer for:

How effectively has the Bill of Rights been upheld in the USA inrecent years?

No idea how to get 8 points for it.
Original post by NOP97
Anyone got a model answer for:

How effectively has the Bill of Rights been upheld in the USA inrecent years?

No idea how to get 8 points for it.

Do you not just find examples of cases to prove each side?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by xxvine
How do you structure the 45 markers
Is it similar to AS?

More or less. Introduction, main body of arguments for and against (there's no set number of arguments iirc), conclusion. Pages 18-19 in the general further guidance in the OP might help you out a bit
Original post by blackdiamond97
More or less. Introduction, main body of arguments for and against (there's no set number of arguments iirc), conclusion. Pages 18-19 in the general further guidance in the OP might help you out a

yeah but if the qu was modern vs capital would you keep going back and fourth with arguments or would you write about classical liberalism and then move on to liberal/

Sorry if this sounds stupid its just I have a terrible teacher quiet frankly...I've been self teaching practically.

The mark scheme also doesnt really help that much tbh
Original post by xxvine
yeah but if the qu was modern vs capital would you keep going back and fourth with arguments or would you write about classical liberalism and then move on to liberal/

Sorry if this sounds stupid its just I have a terrible teacher quiet frankly...I've been self teaching practically.

The mark scheme also doesnt really help that much tbh

You don't sound stupid, I currently have a **** maths teacher so I can definitely relate. There really isn't a set structure, I find that the best structure for questions vary. A basic classical vs modern liberalism question for example could be written in the style of both the structures you mentioned, if that makes sense?

Posted from TSR Mobile
You don't sound stupid, I currently have a **** maths teacher so I can definitely relate. There really isn't a set structure, I find that the best structure for questions vary. A basic classical vs modern liberalism question for example could be written in the style of both the structures you mentioned, if that makes sense?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I get you
What I meant incase I didn't explain myself clearly.....
You know for AS for example 'assess the FPTP electoral system'
You would write easy to use...however it discriminates against minor parties blah blah blah and keep going back and fourth instead of saying all what's good about FPTP and then saying all what's bad about it
Original post by xxvine
Yeah I get you
You would write easy to use...however it discriminates against minor parties blah blah blah and keep going back and fourth instead of saying all what's good about FPTP and then saying all what's bad about it

I think it's pretty much the same as last year. For modern departing from classical it would be classical liberalism believes this but modern liberalism has now moved on to this back and forth.
Hope that helps.
I too didn't have a great teacher so I'm not the best at this
Original post by Annie.humair
I think it's pretty much the same as last year. For modern departing from classical it would be classical liberalism believes this but modern liberalism has now moved on to this back and forth.
Hope that helps.

It seems all a level teaches are bad lol
Original post by xxvine
Yeah I get you

Pretty much this

Original post by Annie.humair
Hope that helps.
Pretty much this

Are there any predictions lol or are they too hard to call
Anyone on here doing global politics 3D and 4D? I desperately need help with this.
Original post by ArcticSlayer
Anyone on here doing global politics 3D and 4D? I desperately need help with this.

I think there's a separate thread on this. But not sure
Original post by xxvine
Are there any predictions lol or are they too hard to call

I haven't looked at the pattern of the questions so I can't really answer, but I'd say make sure you're prepared to answer 45 markers on anarchism and nationalism, possibly liberalism as well. Nationalism 45 markers also tend to be very similar

Posted from TSR Mobile
I haven't looked at the pattern of the questions so I can't really answer, but I'd say make sure you're prepared to answer 45 markers on anarchism and nationalism, possibly liberalism as well. Nationalism 45 markers also tend to be very similar

Posted from TSR Mobile

my teacher predicts modern vs capital but i doubt edexcel will be that nice lol
Original post by xxvine
my teacher predicts modern vs capital but i doubt edexcel will be that nice lol

As long as they don't ask about democracy for liberalism I think it'll be okay

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know whether it is essential to know the three forms of Marxism?

Latest

Trending

Trending