The Student Room Group

Where can I try stethescopes?

I have been told by my uni that I now need to buy a stetescope and was hoping that they would bring in some retailers so we could try out the stethescopes but they aren't. Im living in Leeds and was wondering if any1 knows of any shops anywhere selling stethescopes (pref. Littman) so that I can try a few before deciding which one to buy.
Just buy the Littmann II SE or Classic III. No need for anything fancier than that as a student.
Agreed that most people buy a basic Littmann. Even if there was a shop where you could try stethoscopes (I don't imagine there is such a place), you wouldn't necessarily know how good it was unless (a) you already knew how to use it competently and (b) took some patients with you that had quiet murmurs for you to identify...
Reply 3
You could always ask to borrow one from an older year I suppose. But you're unlikely to hear much through any of them without prior experience anyway
Even when you do have access to multiple models and patients with murmurs, very very few doctors actually do a fair trial. If it's Littmann and is expensive then people buy it, no further thoughts required.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending