Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Seems like im not intelligent enough for uni.

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016

Im nearly at the end of my first year of a physiotherapy degree and I dont think im intelligent enough to do it. I have a previous degree in psychology but Im finding this one very hard. I spent loads of time doing an assignment, getting lots of critique in it and I only got 55% with the feedback just saying 'some attempt at critique'. I failed an exam despite giving up a holiday and spending weeks revising in depth (while coursemates on fb were posting pics of holidays) over easter.

One of the things i didnt focus much on i happened to be asked and had forgotton! I probably should have revised in less depth but made sure i covered everything.

All the information ive learned from the course is just a big blur to me i have all these random facts in my head but i cant apply the knowledge. Its only when i get told the answers i realise. My coursemates seem to remember things and make sense of things more than me most of them are A and B grade students.

For A levels I got C, D and E lol despite revising hard i remember not really understanding some of the questions and recognising which of the syllabus applied to it. I did an access course to get on physiotherapy.

Just wanted advice, I want to carry on but I feel i know nothing and it feels like i put so much effort in but lots of things dont make sense to me.

This is why i hate essays, it's all opinion

Youve juts lost a bit of confidence. Talk to your tutors, explain some of your issues and ask to do some extra assignments so you can get marked and huided to where you are being weak. its not just about hours, but you have to revise smartly as well. If you want it, then its just a case of finding out the weakness and working through. Fpcus on how things are oing to be put right rather than worrying about whats happened.
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 23, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?
Useful resources
Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.